Swift 770Tspotting scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf_River_Mike

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these spotting scopes. For casual range use, seeing .172 holes out to 150 yrds or so?

Not with the spotting scopes, but I own two of their riflescopes and a pair of their 10x40 binoculars. I purchased my binoculars from a small dealer who gave me a pair of Zeiss bino's for comparsion and I will tell you for a fact that the Swift's were as clear and sharp as the Zeiss.They have never let me down even in low light hunting situations and I have owned them for 5 years plus with no hick-ups.

I would definately buy the Swift spotting scope without even comparing it to anything else.There is absolutely no better value than Swift optics.Many people do not realize that Swift started business as a research microscope company, where optics quality and clarity are paramount.Never overlook Swift products! :D :D

I would definately buy the Swift spotting scope without even comparing it to anything else.There is absolutely no better value than Swift optics.Many people do not realize that Swift started business as a research microscope company, where optics quality and clarity are paramount.Never overlook Swift products!

That really mirrors my thoughts as well. Although I have never owned one of their spotting scopes, I have owned probably 8 or 10 Swift riflescopes over the years and they are really at the head of the class when your looking for the best optics for the buck.

Swift has been around for quite a few years, and they aim their products at the lower to medium end of the market. They try to provide a good capability for the price point. If their products match your requirements, that is a good deal.

I like to visit the Better View Desired birding optics site. They have some Swift products that they regard well, and some reviews too. Swift products aren't the best in any category, but they do often get a best value for the price label.

I haven't seen a glass from them that could better the equivalent Zeiss product. Usually folks compare the Swift to an older technology from one of the name makers, or don't use the same objective lens diameter and magnification.

My current favorite make is Minox. They spun off from Leica, and their marketing plan is to sell products that perform within a few percent of the top Euro-glass, but at half the price. I recently got a Minox 8X33 HG bino, and I am using it for back yard birding now. It will definitely go hunting this year.

jim

I bought a Swift 4 x 12 x 40 and put on a rimfire a few weeks ago. So far I am very pleased with it. There have been quite a few of the 700 T's spotters on ebay recently and they are practically giving them away. I think I'll try one. Thanks for the comments. -Mike

Latest posts

Back