Swift A-Frame 40 Caliber 200g Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_5710.JPG

IMG_5708.JPG

This bullet is provided by Jamie Mayfield

IMG_5714.JPG

The bullet was shot into the bottles using 80 grain Blackhorn powder. From muzzle to the first bottle was 25 yard.

IMG_5715.JPG

VIDEO

IMG_5721.JPG

The bullet blew the plywood in half; destroyed the first two bottles throwing them into the sky; did damage to the third bottle; holed the fourth bottle, and was captured by the fifth bottle.

IMG_5718.JPG

IMG_5717.JPG

IMG_5719.JPG

IMG_5720.JPG

Excellent!!!!

Only potential problem i see is the heavily rounded transition from side to base of the bullet. That could be a problem with hot loads and drilling sabots.

IMG_5710.JPG

IMG_5708.JPG

IMG_5714.JPG

The bullet was shot into the bottles using 80 grain Blackhorn powder. From muzzle to the first bottle was 25 yard.

IMG_5715.JPG

VIDEO

IMG_5721.JPG

The bullet blew the plywood in half; destroyed the first two bottles throwing them into the sky; did damage to the third bottle; holed the fourth bottle, and was captured by the fifth bottle.

IMG_5718.JPG

IMG_5717.JPG

IMG_5719.JPG

IMG_5720.JPG
Thanks for another great test Ron. It looks like that bullet put the smackdown on them bottles. Out of the trusty ole Omega too I see.

Thanks Ron. I appreciate the work you do. This bullet has given me great accuracy at 2219 fps, in a harvester smooth blue sabot, out of my patriot. This is exactly what I was expecting with how the bullet performed on deer at roughly 15 yards.
Jamie

Thanks Ron. I appreciate the work you do. This bullet has given me great accuracy at 2219 fps, in a harvester smooth blue sabot, out of my patriot. This is exactly what I was expecting with how the bullet performed on deer at roughly 15 yards.
Jamie
If you don't mind sharing, what is your load in the Patriot?
As I sit here impatiently waiting for Mark to send me one!

If you don't mind sharing, what is your load in the Patriot?
As I sit here impatiently waiting for Mark to send me one!
Please send me a private message or tell me how to send a private message. I still know very little on this site. My load is smokeless and I don't want to post it here. Thanks
Jamie

I gave a Amish guy I sold a muzzleloader to a bunch of Swift A-frame 300 gr, probably 60 at least also gave him some lighter ones 260 gr I think. Looks like I should maybe of kept them got them in a bullet deal and figured I would never use them.

So far the only down side I have seen with the Swift A-Frame is cost. I have shot several of the .429 dia 300gn and .452 dia 300gn in sabots out of my MK-95's. They all shot great. I took several deer and the Black Bear in my Avatar, that Bear was shot with a .452dia 300gn, about 430lb. The Bullet from this Bear is the only one ever found. Broke his neck and traveled down the spine and was found under the hide, was the definition of DRT.
There is the Bullet with the rear claws. This bullet looks like those others. At one Time Knight packaged them in 10rnd packs with sabots.
Black Bear necklace.JPG

Just checked and found I had one pack left. I got a ton of them when Gander Mountain had a close out. I think I bought out all that the store in Chambersburg Pa had, maybe like 20 or 25 packs IIRC.
This is the last one. If Ron wants this one I would send it to him.Knight Swift AFRame.JPG

IMG_5710.JPG

IMG_5708.JPG

IMG_5714.JPG

IMG_5715.JPG

VIDEO

IMG_5721.JPG

IMG_5718.JPG

IMG_5717.JPG

IMG_5719.JPG

IMG_5720.JPG
Impressive!!
Way better than the Hornady 200gr XTP.

Excellent! Thanks for testing Ron and to Jamie for sending them. I feel a whole lot better now having seen the results about using these bullets. If I recall correctly, the only other bullet to break the board was a 245gr powebelt but it sure didn't perform like this A frame.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back