Swiss 1.5F in inline ML?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience in using Swiss 1.5F in an inline...I was looking at an old thread that compared Swiss, Schuetzen and Goex in 2F in terms of velocity...someone mentioned the 1.5F and Idaho Lewis said he was getting hangfires in his sidelock...made me wonder whether it would work well in a 209 ignited inline. Should, right?

Anybody have any experience in using Swiss 1.5F in an inline...I was looking at an old thread that compared Swiss, Schuetzen and Goex in 2F in terms of velocity...someone mentioned the 1.5F and Idaho Lewis said he was getting hangfires in his sidelock...made me wonder whether it would work well in a 209 ignited inline. Should, right?
works real well, used to have a .50 knight , 24 twist used 1.5 swiss 115 grains , with PP 600 grain bullet

Have used Swiss 1 1/2F for a number of years in a Cooper ML 50 cal. Swiss 1 1/2 is closer than 2F than folks realize. Clean burning powder and have only to swab after 4 shots at the range. Swiss powder is about the best i have shot in ML's for many years. If you have Swiss go and shoot and enjoy it. Best

Back