T/C Black Diamond pistol( new pics added 2/11/14 final look)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: T/C Black Diamond pistol( new pics added 2/11/14 final l

bigbore442001 said:
That is a neat looking specialty pistol. I have done some chronographing in the recent past until the rubber doughnut off of a Powerbelt smashed the screen of my Chrony. I have found out that the best type of powder to use for these specialty handguns is H777 3f loose granulation. It seems to give the best velocities.

Bigbore, thanks for the tip, will try some when I start testing for accuracy..

How do you think it'll be befor you have scope on that bad boy?

junkman said:
How do you think it'll be befor you have scope on that bad boy?

If your asking about the accuracy w/open sights Im waiting to get them back from a friend of mine, I put them on a air rifle I had and hes been doing some custom work to it for me... I am going to pick up the gun/sights Thurs.. I never did shoot it with open sights but with a scope it was shooting about 1.25 in. at 100 w/the 240 gr xtp`s..I killed 8 deer with it and 5 of them were headshots at anywhere from 50-75 yds, so it should be plenty accurate w/open sights.. the only problem I can see is the sight raduis is going to be really short..

Sorry,I meant to ask How long until you can get a scope on that bad boy.

junkman said:

Sorry misunderstood what you were asking..Shouldnt be too much longer, been layed off work since Nov. so money is really tight at the moment..hopefully be going back to work around 1st of March or so...

dbowling said:
junkman said:

Sorry misunderstood what you were asking..Shouldnt be too much longer, been layed off work since Nov. so money is really tight at the moment..hopefully be going back to work around 1st of March or so...
I know how that goes.I was off for almost a full year 51 weeks.

Went ahead and ordered a BSA Edge 2x7x32 scope this morning, not a high end scope but got pretty good reviews and it will let me see how accurate the pistol is going to be, can then purchase a better scope down the road..should have it sometime between the 26th/march 1st.

Latest posts

Back