T/C Encore issue.........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

globemountain

Reaction score
I bought a new Encore 209x50 about 3 weeks ago. Finally got out to the range to try it out last week. I was shooting Hornady SST's and T7. Accuracy wasn't there and I wasn't too happy. When I got home to clean it I thought the bore felt a little rough. I took my Chief's Pro Clean and attempted to run it down the bore. It stopped DEAD at the second band that holds the ram rod. It would not go on down the barrel easily. I looked down the barrel and it appears that the threaded hole that holds the ram rod holder on was drilled a little too deep and bulged inward. I shipped it back to T/C this morning. This is my first dealing with T/C customer service, I hope they live up to their good reputation. Anybody ever see this situation before?

TC will take care of you just fine.....although it may be a little slow.

I hope you're right. Just have'nt had luck with TC as far as speed goes.

But still, I love my PH ML!

Still waiting.....I called friday and the lady in customer service said "we received it on the 15th, it will probably take about 6 weeks". I said "that is not what I expect when I have a problem with a BRAND NEW GUN". She said "Oh, I apologize, I'll put a note on it to expedite this issue". So far I am not impressed with their Customer Service effort......

They should have plenty barrels in stock. 6 weeks is longer than what it took for them to replace an entire stock for a hawken i had.

Did you just send back the barrel or the entire rifle?

I dealt with them last fall for a cracked stock just 3 weeks before hunting season and I got my replacement in just over a week. feel that was great CS from them.

Sent my 50cal. Hawkins in to them to fix the hammer , they said 8 - 12 weeks .
Well got it back in 6 weeks and not only with a new hammer & lock but new triggers , trigger guard . ramrod , & RR tention holder. way better than I expected !
Now i'm getting ready to send them my Renegade stock that has a Crack in it.

Customer service A+

FedEx dropped off a brand new barrel today. Customer service at T/C took care of the problem.

globemountain said:
FedEx dropped off a brand new barrel today. Customer service at T/C took care of the problem.

That's really great customer service, IMO!

Latest posts

Back