T/C Gorilla Mount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
Does this look right? Is the mount correctly installed? I'd like to have the scope further forward but this is pretty much all I can get. The eye relief seems about right for the scope, but the scope seems too far back.

100_0847.jpg

I think if you move that front ring back, you can have both rings to the rear of the adjustment turrets. :shock:

adjustment

I would have a big black eye from that mount,

That doesnt look right at all. You might want to consider a longer one piece base.

Swampman I have those mounts on my CVA Kodiak and on my rifle I turned the front base 180 degrees from what you have and it made more room for my rings. Have you tried reversing the bases to put your scope farther forward?

If I reverse the front base that will move the front ring back about 1". I can't see any way to move the front ring further forward than it is. It's a 2 piece base that is designed for the Omega. The T/C part # is 7415.

Swamp,
I have or should I say had the very same mount and rings. When I got them home and looked at them with my omega it just didn't look like there was going to be enough adj. in the setup. Your picture says it all. It looks as though the scope sets to far back. Good luck to you making it work.

T/C makes a longer one piece rail for these rings. I guess I'll have to buy that or go to a Weaver base & ring setup. This setup might work ok with a shorter scope.

Those are really really nice, but I hate to put a $50.00 saddle on a $10.00 horse. The T/C mount and rings were $9.00, but then again they don't work :)

That picture looks like a shiner waiting to happen!

TC has been stuck on that same mount base hole spacing for a long time. They are insane.

Yea, those front holes need to be moved at least 1" further forward. It would have made the Gorilla mount much more versitile, and the scope would be a lot more secure.

That sure does not look right. I have an Omega and a Triumph that have a similar set up but I use a long weaver style base that lets me put rings and scope where I want them. Lee

Swampman said:
Those are really really nice, but I hate to put a $50.00 saddle on a $10.00 horse. The T/C mount and rings were $9.00, but then again they don't work :)

You get what you pay for.

Back