T/C Gorilla Mount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
33uzgae.jpg

I'm quite sure that the scope tube would fail post haste using this method. The Weaver scope bases sold for less than $10.00 at Walmart & BassPro work perfectly, and I buy/use them about once a month. I was just trying something different, and trying to spend as little as possible when I picked up the (sold as being for the T/C Omega by T/C) Gorilla mount & rings for $9.00.

Grouse said:
https://secure.tcarms.com/store/index.php/action/item/id/111/prevaction/category/previd/33/prevstart/126/

This is a pretty cheap fix, if Underclocks method doesnt work. :wink:
+1

Looks like that setup was made to only work with short scopes like the omega.

That looks like your best solution there swampman! I saw that same 2 piece setup at walmart for $9 and considered purchasing it. I think I'll let you get yours figured out first though!

Swampman said:
If I reverse the front base that will move the front ring back about 1". I can't see any way to move the front ring further forward than it is. It's a 2 piece base that is designed for the Omega. The T/C part # is 7415.
I agree
Reverse the mounts and try it

Swampman said:
If I reverse the front base that will move the front ring back about 1". I can't see any way to move the front ring further forward than it is. It's a 2 piece base that is designed for the Omega. The T/C part # is 7415.

If you take the scope off and look at the front base are the screw holes in the base on the muzzle or breech side of the front base? If they are on the muzzle just take the front base off and flip it 180 degrees so the screw holes are now at the breech end of the base. It looks like you have them set up the "short" way right now.

Have the same rings and base but have not tried to use it yet. Will the longer base line up with the breech holes and the shorter base line up with the muzzle holes? Can you then use the second hole on the longer base to move the scope forward?

Latest posts

Back