T/C Impact

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankb

Reaction score
I'm having trouble zeroing a T/C Impact. This is a break open model. The hinge seems very loose to me. I also would like to lighten the trigger pull and would appreciate some instruction.

Frankb said:
I'm having trouble zeroing a T/C Impact. This is a break open model. The hinge seems very loose to me. I also would like to lighten the trigger pull and would appreciate some instruction.

I really do wish I had some information to share with, but I no experiance with the impact.

Hopefully someone on the site will pick this up...

If you are not any responses through the weekend I could move it up in the inline section and see if it might get more exposure there.

Id sure start with fixing the hinge pin first, even if you need to have (1)custom made at a gun shop. That was a BIG problem with the TC Encore.

I am looking to buy that same gun, so if you give up hope and decide to part with it, let me know.

I would look at having the hing pin adjust to tighten up your break action. I would talk to a local gunsmith to have them look at that. You might talk to TC they might do it for free since it should be under warranty. Also might have them adjust the trigger.

However if you can't get them to adjust your trigger I would try this.

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... hp?t=22150

It has worked for me for a very long time. This is something I do every season before hunting. It help this member out, I'd give that a try.

RR

Before I do any adjusting... I would contact T/C with the problem. You monkey with some of the rifles and you void the warranty. Since T/C really is not T/C they might not be as forgiving as the old company was. Give them a call first. They might have you send the rifle back and they can check it over for you.

I agree with calling T/C about the issue with the hinge.

Just checked my new TC Impact and can't feel anything loose in the hinge pin when I wiggle it side to side.

Are you getting play from side to side? I haven't broke mine down yet, but the manual shows how to remove the barreled action from the stock, maybe start there to see what it looks like. Maybe you recieved an undersized hinge pin or an oversized mounting hole or both.

Do you have a scope mounted on the rifle?

I am only shooting a light charge of powder so far, 60 grains of BH 209. We were practicing for my 9 yr olds first deer hunt and shooting small green tomatoes off the target at 50 yards with a 250 grain TC shockwave bullet with the supplied black sabots. Accuracy has been very good.

The trigger on ours is good, only slightly more weight than my son's Triumph which is a very nice trigger.

I bought the Impact second hand so I could expect no help from T/C-S&W. The original owner bought it back from me and found that one of the screws holding the stock to the barreled action was bottoming out and couldn't get tight. If others have problems with accuracy look at that before machining a new hinge pin.

It sounds like that fixed your problem, but just as an FYI.....NEVER rule out the manufacturer for help. TC was & I believe still offering a lifetime fully transferable warranty on their muzzleloaders. Even if they didn't, most companies will have suggestions of things to try if you call them.

Back