T/C Pro Hunter question.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norseman

Reaction score
Hello everyone, long time lurker and traditional sidelock user recently switched to the modern muzzleloader world with a quick question.

I have a brand new, Springfield built Pro Hunter Stainless and immediately noticed what appear to be tool or grinder marks on the rear of the frame. I looked at a Weathershield PH and it was much smoother. I realize stainless is harder to cast and machine as nicely as carbon steel but as I only had the one stainless PH to look at I was wondering if any other owners noticed something similar. Understandably this is very minor and purely cosmetic in nature. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• F6A0BD69-0B9A-4E6F-BE36-54C8ADFDAC60.jpeg
    F6A0BD69-0B9A-4E6F-BE36-54C8ADFDAC60.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 53
I will check my guns when I get home, but I don’t recall seeing that, I have a few so we will see

Thanks. A case of Bubba’s first day in firearm manufacturing or DGAF attitude at S&W?

I will check my guns when I get home, but I don’t recall seeing that, I have a few so we will see

I'm not sure. I have two frames and I guess I've never noticed much on them. If it's a concern is maybe try to get a hold of their see ice department. Do it at a time when you have time to be in good because you will be. Once you get through to someone though they're pretty helpful. I had to send one frame back and they took care of everything. It's possible they're having some QC issues or a bad batch of frames for out or something. I know of one frame that was purchased and just looked terrible. All sorts of finish issues. It was promptly returned and swapped for a different one. The new one is fine though.

Sir ,looking at my guns I have 3 stainless frames and they all have that finish in the same area, it’s not that bad but there, never really noticed it before

Thanks guys, Springfield or Rochester guns? Old/new is yours stainless or weathershield? Dwm, you have the same grinder line on all three?

Thanks again for looking guys.

The terrible looking frame that Superkirby mentioned above was mine. I bought it brand new from a very reputable online dealer and had it shipped to my FFL. It literally looked like it had been used for many years and it was a “new” frame. It’s shocking how that made it out of the TC factory. The dealer made it right tho and sent me a new frame that is spotless. As long as the rest of your frame looks ok I wouldn’t worry to much.

Yes sir, I even have a blued one that shows some marks, they are not that bad but visible, I never noticed it till you’re post, I’m am pretty sure that is common, maybe worse on some, I’m not gonna worry about it they shoot well

Back