T/C breech plug questions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look for a burr right in the touch hole. Fixed on this last year that had that problem.

Cmon busta! Just stick to the subject without the personal insults. It adds nothing to the conversation.

Grouse said:
Twild,
I think it's so plugged up you think it's all the farther you can go. You might need to use a cordless drill or regular drill to clean it out. It could be in there like cement if you've never drilled it out before.

That could very well be. Didn't know anything about carbon buildup until I got on here. But just to be sure we are on the same page before I go at it with a drill, the bit should go way down in the BP like in the illustration? Thanks

twild said:
Grouse said:
Twild,
I think it's so plugged up you think it's all the farther you can go. You might need to use a cordless drill or regular drill to clean it out. It could be in there like cement if you've never drilled it out before.

That could very well be. Didn't know anything about carbon buildup until I got on here. But just to be sure we are on the same page before I go at it with a drill, the bit should go way down in the BP like in the illustration? Thanks

Yes, once you start it will go and stop at at the flash hole. Once you do this clean it good with windex or your favorite cleaner. Buy yourself a stainless drill bit and put it in the plug when it's clean. Mark the drill bit with a permanent marker so you know were to stop next time you do this. That drill bit will last you forever just keep it in your ML box or cleaning bench or table.

Grouse said:
twild said:
Grouse said:
Twild,

Yes, once you start it will go and stop at at the flash hole. Once you do this clean it good with windex or your favorite cleaner. Buy yourself a stainless drill bit and put it in the plug when it's clean. Mark the drill bit with a permanent marker so you know were to stop next time you do this. That drill bit will last you forever just keep it in your ML box or cleaning bench or table.

Now I have something to do in the morning. Thanks

WV Hunter said:
twild said:
Now I have something to do in the morning. Thanks

twild... if its really plugged up you may need to start out with a smaller size bit. The buildup is hard, you might think its part of the plug.

Will do. Thank you

One more question please...Is a cci209 shot shell primer the same as ccc209a magnum primer? I believe I read in the TC instructions to use a shot shell primer? Thanks Gord

They're both shotgun primers. The mag is a little hotter, but it still isn't as hot as the Federal 209a primer.

Grouse said:
twild said:
Grouse said:
Twild,

Finally got all my honey doo's done today and got that plug cleaned out! WOW what a difference, Thanks again for all the helpful hints.

Man, I guy takes a trapline trip, and all heck breaks loose! Glad I bought a T/C! No issues, yet. Only 500 rounds, though.

Latest posts

Back