T/C Triumph Speed Breech???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleboje

Reaction score
The T/C website Triumph film is almost too good to believe...

I mean, the advertisement claims they shot the gun 250 times and then removed the speed breech by using just their fingers! (NO WRENCH NEEDED).

Has anyone got some actual experience with removing the Triumph's speed breech by hand?

If so, how many shots did you take before removing it...10, 20, 200??? Any tricks to this claim?

I have to know if this is for real, cause I got the itch to stretch the family budget to get one myself, if this is true...

Joe

Total BS. I was at the range a few days ago and a guy was shooting a triumph he shot the gun I less than a dozen times and was using the wrench to get the plug out. Using the wrench took a little effort forget using your fingers .

They don't say what load or powder. I'd bet money it wasn't 100 gr. of T7. :lol:

Joes said:
Total BS. I was at the range a few days ago and a guy was shooting a triumph he shot the gun I less than a dozen times and was using the wrench to get the plug out. Using the wrench took a little effort forget using your fingers .

no wrench will fit the breech plug on the TRIUMPH ..

But there is a wrench for the speed breech...just check out the Triumph owners manual on the T/C website.

My question is if you lube the breech as per the manual, do you need to use the wrench and if so, how many shots can the gun take before the wrench is needed.

Joe

lungbuster1 said:

GO WITH A KNIGHT ---- GO WITH A KNIGHT -------GO WITH A KNIGHT

You crack me up buddy! You can't get enought of that new gun can't you! :p :lol:

I can't answer your particular question as I just got mine and haven't had time to shoot it that much yet. But I can add that for me turning it has not been the problem, pulling it out has. When I first got it the speed breech was a real pain and had to be tapped out using the rod but it is getting much easier to remove by hand the more I shoot it.

SteveMH

Thanks for the honest answer...(for a while there, I thought the KNIGHT children had stolen their parents computer).

Once you get the new Triumph out for a shooting session, I would be interested in hearing your opinion of the speed breech after you have put some powder downrange.

P.S. Which Triumph model did you get?

Joe

The T/C Triumpth speed breech is sloted for removal if needed. I still would use the "RON S" method of wraping the breechplug threads with tape ( tightly) and coating with grease.

Of course you cannot hand turn a T/C pro hunter breech plug but the removal tool turns ands removes the breech plug with ease.

Chocdog

i have a T/C Triumph and love it for several different reasons. One of them being the ability to take out the breech by hand. I have never had to use the breech tool, I dont even pack the tool when I am sighting in or hunting. It is easy to take on and off no matter how many times you have fired it. I have shot it atleast 20 -25 times in a row before removing the plug, which I did by hand. i didn't notice any difference in difficulty.

I will say that I am 26 yrs old and in good health. I do no think my dad who is 61 and has arthritis could do this by hand. He would have to use the tool.

My experiecne with the Triumph has been great, my friends who own Knights were jealous of the breech pllug and accuracy of the gun. They were all skeptical of T/C's claims. We went out to the range and that ended the debates.

I should say that I use the T7 magnum pellets. This with the Barnes 290gr TMZ left me with sub 1" grouping at 100 yrds

You're welcome. I went with the .50 caliber camo/Weather Shield model and a Nikon Omega BDC scope. This is my first muzzleloader so I'm affraid I have very little knowledge and can't compare it to anything else. But from what little I have shot it the accuracy and feel of the gun has blown me away. I am very happy with it and see no reason to consider buying another for many years.

SteveMH and taylorhaught

Thanks for the straight-up facts from your experience with the Triumph...looks like that will seal the deal for me.

Now I have to convince the Mrs. that I have a ML itch that needs scratching!

Any good suggestions on where to look for bottom dollar on Triumphs?

Joe

I, also am looking at the Triump , i have heard (probably B.S.) that the coating on the barrel rub's or flake's off. II would really like to know if this is true, maybe we need more feild report's on this gun to really judge it's pottential. I do like the the idea of a button barrel, same as my savage 243. I guess time will tell. Rick.

I paid $500.00 for mine at Cabela's. Factor in the convenience and desire to have it now! Later I found www.keystonecountrystore.com has them for $50.00 cheaper and free shipping til' Dec. 16. I've ordered archery stuff from them a few times in the past and never any problems with them. www.discoveryoptics.com has the best price I could find on the Nikon Omega scope at $219.00. It's $260.00 at Cabela's.

swampdogger said:
I, also am looking at the Triump , i have heard (probably B.S.) that the coating on the barrel rub's or flake's off. II would really like to know if this is true, maybe we need more feild report's on this gun to really judge it's pottential. I do like the the idea of a button barrel, same as my savage 243. I guess time will tell. Rick.

Absolutely not, The coating is applied by Doug Bouche in Kansas. He recieves about 450 barrels at a time from T/C for coating.

The coating itself is a "stainless cerokoyte" and it likely the best gun metal protection available. He will have a blue version available in 2008.

We will see much more of this coating in the future from T/C in stainless and blue.

Chocdog

I would think that the ease of the plug has a lot to do with how well you grease it.

My Father in Laws was difficult at first but now comes out easily with fingers.

I was able to shoot a few rounds out of my new Triumph today for the first time. It's my first muzzle loader so I was not sure what to expect. This gun is awesome. I was grouping 1" at 80 yards straight out of the box with no adjustments with the open sights. I was shooting 100grain pyrodex. I was able to open the speedbreach by hand still after ten shots. I did put the anti-seize on the threads before shooting. The gun is very light and I felt about zero recoil. I mean this gun is killer. I am super excited for the opening of the muzzleloader season this coming weekend here in Maryland.

Back