T/C WeatherShield

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
My new Triumph has this on it. Everything except the breech plug. Does this stuff really work? No oil, no rust? if so, that will be AWESOME. Whats inside the barrel? Any help would be great. :)

Nothing additional in the barrel, it's just like a blued gun. The stuff sure protects the outside, though. I have it on an omega for a couple of hundred shots and it looks like I just took it out of the box.

T/C Weather Shield

Nic_58 said:
I believe I read somewhere that the coating on the T/C's is Cerakote done by Ultra Coatings Inc. of Olathe Kansas. T/C then calls it Weathershield. Someone can correct me if I have been led astray.
http://www.ultracoatingsinc.com/services.html

We applied the Weather Shield to almost 10,000 Triumph and Omega bbls. over a 7 mo. period last year.Due to shipping cost T/C has moved there coating closer to home.Weather Shield is our Stainless Steel CeraKote.T/C found our coating on C/M steel had better rust protection than there SS.Ernie French at Foxhill and Karl Ricker at the plant love the Ultra Bore Coat but due to the MSDS can't use it in the plant.We have reformulated the UBC so it is better suited to plant applications.It is now clear and is ready to use 15 min.after final application.We also have Ultra Gun Shield that is available from us or through Mack's Prairie Wings.It is a clear that is applied with a lint free rag and can go right over bluing or case colors.It is very slick and cleans very easy.It won't effect color unless it's applied to thick(more than two coats)works on stainless too.It's self lubing so works great on breech plugs.Think of it as clear CeraKote you can apply at home.

Back