TC 20" SML CONVERSION

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvilorio1

Reaction score
TC 20" SML CONVERSION

well I brave the cold and wind this morning, and went out to the range to finish the TC 20" SML conversion since I change the scope and put a VX-R 4x12x40 CDS FIREDOT on it. I already had it sighted in from last week, so all I had to do was check it out. To say the least she was dead on at 100 yrds, so I took her out to 200 yrds. I only fired 2 shots at 200 yrds since by that time I was frozen. The temp was 27*, and the wind was blowing around 15 mph into my face.Anyway here are the stats:
TC SML CONVERSION 20'' KATADIN BARREL
LEUPOLD VX-R 4X12X40 CDS FIREDOT
HORNADY FTX 225 GR.
WOOL WAD
10/48 CHARGE OF 4759/4198 BY WEIGHT.
WIN 209 PRIMER

FIRST TARGET IS 200 YRDS, AND I,M HAPPY.
THE SECOND TARGET WAS THE 100 YRDS.
IN THE THIRD PIC YOU SEE THE NEW BLACK HORN CHARGE TUBES THAT WE ARE CARRYING THIS YEAR, AND THEY COME 20 TO THE PACK, AND OF COURSE WHAT THE GUNS LOOKS LIKE.
Carlos
TCSMLCONVERSION009_zpsb1753dda.jpg

TCSMLCONVERSION008_zps5c06008d.jpg

TCSMLCONVERSION011_zps45404a31.jpg

TCSMLCONVERSION010_zps7ddea26b.jpg

Re: TC 20" SML CONVERSION

:cheers:  :cheers: 

Great shooting and you deserve a medal for braving the cold and shooting a few rounds. A little smoke is better then making no smoke  :thumbs up: 

Ray............ :hats off:

As always great shooting & especially in the cold!! Love that gun too :)I've been using the Bh tubes for about 2 years. If I order them from you do they come with the container?

Great shooting, I wish I had a encore frame so I could buy the conversion barrel you have for sale. I see my self going smokeless before to long.

GregK
I think what Carlos meant to say was that is a 20 pack, and I belive they come with the container, I may be wrong.

Dave

dlethcoe said:
GregK
I think what Carlos meant to say was that is a 20 pack, and I belive they come with the container, I may be wrong.

Dave
Thanks Dave. I kinda figured that but all my local suppliers sell them in 6 count blister packs. The organizer would be much nicer.

Wester powders just started selling them like that I belive, I use the same ones, but had to find a different holder for them.

Dave

II have the individual tubes but I'll be getting these from Carlos. I have to order some bullets anyway. I really like the looks of that organizer & it will simplify things :)

The one Lane sells works well with his tubes and I would imagine it would work with the WP tubes. He says you can pick them up at Walmart. It doesn't have a lid but mine stay put in my range box. Makes it much easier to load them.

Back