TC Endeavor setup

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphaburnt

Reaction score
Hey guys, my cousin just purchased an Endeavor in SS. He has a Nikon Omega 3-9x40 he would like to use on it. He has not purchased rings and bases yet and I suggested Warne one piece base but Im not sure what height rings he would need? Anyone have any different rings/bases on theirs and how do you like them?

That is about the same set up as my Triumph ,I would use at least medium rings. Lee

I have the same scope on an Encore Pro Hunter and I have Leupold QR bases and QR high rings because of the swing hammer clearance.

Curtis

While I agree with "Coh-1" in using the Leopold "QR" or quick release system the Nikon scopes eyepice is so mucher larger in diameter than even with the swing hammer there is not enough room to grab the swing hammer if your have large hands.

Make the scope a Leopold or similar sized eyepiece scope and even with
hunting gloves on there is plenty of room to grasp the swing hammer.

Chocdog

Reference the bases, I was thinking of the Warne Maxima one pc and using Warne or Leupold QRW style rings. I am having a terrible time trying to find them though. Do you think the medium height would be sufficient for the Nikon Omega ( scope is not an option, he already has it and the gun)?

The eyepiece on the Omega scope demands the "high" Warne Maxima rings. The mediums will just barely allow the scope to clear the rear sight and hammer. I just went through this exercise. My Leupold compact scope fit nicely, but not the Omega BDC.

Hello, I ordered the Leupold Dual Dovetail with Med Rings and it could not have been any lower (objective is about 1/8" off bbl). I removed the open sights as with this system, you could not remove the scope to access them anyway. The hammer clearance is very tight, I am glad this model has the swing hammer. This is the absolute lowest I would go with Leupold DD system and would have ordered low rings had it not been for the suggestions of the helpful members of this site. If you look at Leupolds site and go to their mount selector, they actually recommended low rings- I do not think this would have worked. Thanks everyone for your input. In the near future, we will be going to the range with 110 gr Blackhorn and some SW Bonded 250s- I will let you know.

Back