tc hawken,s 54 cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look around on some of the forums you will often find one for sale. Green mountain use to make them but I dont think they do any more. You could also check Track of the Wolf I have seen them on there. Gun Works in Oregon will make you one out of an Oregon Barrel. Joe and Susie are first class people to deal with. If you have a bad barrel you could contact Bobby Hoyt he is in your state and can bore out what you have to a different caliber. Al

Look at the classifieds on this forum.  There is a brand new .54 Green Mountain barrel for sale!

Joe is correct there is one for sale here but make sure it will fit your stock. If you have an original TC Hawken in 54 caliber the barrel channel will be 1 inch not 15/16's. Al

I bought this tc hawken,s a couple months ago, when I got it had a lot of rust in breech area, I got most out still very little in there, it shoots great should I replace barrel or let go, & put some lead down range, by the way it a 1 in. barrel

If it still shoots accurately I wouldn't worry about it. Keep her oiled up good and don't let it get worse.

If it shoots shoot it. If you want a different caliber Bobby Hoyt can turn it into a 58 for you Al

Shoot it.

Went on a Hunt one time Guy had a 50Cal. Sidelock, had a Scope on it. He was at the Range, Drunk. Looked at the rifle, all rusted up. First shot it wouldn't fire. He says he didn't understand it shot fine the year before. Seems he had not cleaned the rifle.

I know someone should have said something but he was older than me and you just don't say anything to older folks.

oneshot

Latest posts

Back