TC Impact SB

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a catalog in the mail today. I saw the TC Impact SB on sale for $ 249.00. Naturally, when I visited the website, they're out of stock.
Anybody else have one? Looks like a decent gun.

I swear I think some of this stuff that goes "on sale" was never in stock in the first place. At least it sure seems that way anymore. 🤔 That's a good price. I've heard they are accurate. There's not a lot of talk about them on this forum.

Many Dunham's stores have the Impact SB, but not at $249.

I have one. Well put together. Solid but not heavy. I'm still working up a load, but so far accuracy is at least well within hunting specs

I love my TC Impact. Please, I!m not bragging on myself but my rifle when I can say it made a couple friends of mine a bit envious when it shot tighter groups than their more expensive rifles. I will be elk hunting in November and hopefully bag another elk with it.

I'd love to get a catalog in the mail seems all I get are emails.
Good solid gun should you get it.

I love my TC Impact. Please, I!m not bragging on myself but my rifle when I can say it made a couple friends of mine a bit envious when it shot tighter groups than their more expensive rifles. I will be elk hunting in November and hopefully bag another elk with it.
I guess most if not all members on this forum have some dedication to accuracy. I truly believe 60% of the mz hunters/shooters buy a gun, dump in some measure of powder, pack a recommended projectile, shoot it, and that's their load, period. Another 30% do a little shooting and improve the load a little. The 10% here shoot and experiment as a source of entertainment, pleasure, and seek the very last improvement to their groups.

I do deer drives with a group of 10-15 guys. Ill bet most only get their mz gun out for that particular season and event. Over the years a few showed up with new guns and needed primers, powder, bullets. Had to clean the new oil out. How can one possibly hunt like that. Be assured the members here are the most dedicated mz shooters.

I guess most if not all members on this forum have some dedication to accuracy. I truly believe 60% of the mz hunters/shooters buy a gun, dump in some measure of powder, pack a recommended projectile, shoot it, and that's their load, period. Another 30% do a little shooting and improve the load a little. The 10% here shoot and experiment as a source of entertainment, pleasure, and seek the very last improvement to their groups.

I do deer drives with a group of 10-15 guys. Ill bet most only get their mz gun out for that particular season and event. Over the years a few showed up with new guns and needed primers, powder, bullets. Had to clean the new oil out. How can one possibly hunt like that. Be assured the members here are the most dedicated mz shooters.
I am in the 10% and you and I must be hunting deer drives in a parallel universe?
I enjoy some firearms due to the design of them.
if not that, they need to be accurate.

I am in the 10% and you and I must be hunting deer drives in a parallel universe?
Is that to say you have seen the deer drive think????
Its a real bugger to drive a section and hear shooting only to find out no deer are killed. Then you find out they got the gun out of the box only days ago and never shot it until a deer was standing in front of them. Like to beat them with it.

I am part of the 10% that shoots a muzzleloader all year. I strive to find the best combination of powder and projectile to make my equipment as accurate as I can be. Others in the hunting group knock the dust out of their barrels by igniting a couple of primers and say, "it was shooting fine the last time I put it on paper a few years ago, it ought to be good today." Our host has a over population of whitetails and I try to shoot at least one if the opportunity is arises. We will see 40-60 deer in a day of hunting and the rest of the group (6-8 hunters) will harvest 1 or 2 deer. Two guys missed deer last season because they had kept loads in their rifles for more than 8 days and they were amazed when the rifle did not perform up to what they had claimed it would do earlier.

"it was shooting fine the last time I put it on paper a few years ago, it ought to be good today.
Oh yeah, thats my favorite. He doesnt think that his kids were playing throw the football around the house and it got knock off the shelf of rack. Maybe one of the kids knocked it down while he was in the shower. If he left it in the garage who knows what could happen there.

Here's what I hate to see, the firearm transported in a rifle rack on the front of an ATV. I did this ONCE to my Savage 110 and it took me three shots to down a buck at less than 75 yards. I took the rifle to the range and verified it was a 10" off at 8 o'clock. I will hold my firearm as I ride from one hunting area to the next from now on.

Latest posts

Back