TC Omega or Encore?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielojones2002

Reaction score
At my local gunshop they have the omega in stainless with the camo thumb hole stock with fluted barrel and the original encore in blued with black stock. Which is the most accurate ml?

They should pretty much equal in the accuracy department.They are basically the same barrel except for the Omega being 2" longer and use the same breech plug. Only advice I can give is go handle them both and see which one feels best to you.

Isn't the longer the barrel the better the accuracy at longer distances? Ive held both and like the encore better but I love the stability with the thumb hole on the omega.

I believe that the longer barell is better for magnum charges.I personaly would go for the omega. 1)thumbhole stock is very comfortable 2) stainless barell over a blued barell.

eNCORE

If you are looking for versatility go with the Encore as there is unlimited "guns" you can have w/ it including Center and rim fires as well as shotgun. If you want to shoot straight ML Omega

Usually an Omega is going to be more accurate, all things being equal.

2004168966539971578_rs.jpg

adds a slightly different speed breechplug and consumable energy thangz in the stock. :roll:

All of the T./C muzzle loader barrels are made the same, the only variation is the rifle platform they are mounted on (ie Prohunter,Encore ,Omega, Triumpth).

The quality of the individual barrel regardless of which rifle stock it is mounted on has more to do with its potential accuracy and your effort of load developement than type of rifle stock it is attached to.

Chocdog

Underclocked said:
2004168966539971578_rs.jpg

adds a slightly different speed breechplug and consumable energy thangz in the stock. :roll:

Thanks U.C.

You just love spending my money. They won't be out till June anyway. :cry:

Chocdog

Omega or encore

I own both the only difference is the ability to put other barrels an the encore .Their is also a little less recoil with the flex tex stock on the encore.

choc-dog said:
All of the T./C muzzle loader barrels are made the same, the only variation is the rifle platform they are mounted on (ie Prohunter,Encore ,Omega, Triumpth).

The quality of the individual barrel regardless of which rifle stock it is mounted on has more to do with its potential accuracy and your effort of load developement than type of rifle stock it is attached to.

Chocdog

Why the new name? Is this still going to be an encore frame or perhaps a new muzzy only break action?

Nah, just another slight tweak and additional name to lure in the crowd. It's in TCs new online catalog (which is HUGE).

Latest posts

Back