TC Patriot .45 Cal, 100 Yard Gong

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
This little .45 Cal TC Patriot AMAZES me, This Pistol is WICKED Accurate, Yesterday’s bug hole Group at 30 Yards inspired me to go long with it :)

Gong is a Ranged 100 Yards
vUxG0JO.jpg

3 Shots, what you are seeing here is shots 2 & 3, in the Video you can see shot #1 Hits EXACTLY with Shot #2, I walked up and Painted the Gong after Shot #1 (Covering it up) This is a 1-1/2” 3 Shot Group at 100 Yards :)
qCm8v2n.jpg

This is all i could find of the Balls, This thing is NO DOUBT stil DEADLY at this Range. AMAZING what a measly 25 Grains of Black will do :lewis:
Gsqgb9j.jpg

How high are you holding over for these groups at 100 yards?

This is something that amazed me about this Shoot, I am holding about 1 Foot over, and as you can see i am high in the Gong, i was blown away by this, i expected a lot more drop. This was not a difficult shoot, in fact I would rate it quite easy to do, My front sight is helping me a BUNCH, it reminds me of my Globes on my Rifles Which i am very in tune with, This is the Factory (Stock) Front sight, TC Knew what they were doing with this (hence the name “Target Pistol”)

Look forward to watching this video tonight. This is where Aus falls down, I can own this pistol but then I need to do 13 competition shoots a year and have bars on my shed windows, constant police checks. Just not worth the hassle for a pistol.

I'll live vicariously through you on that.

Do you do any flintlock shooting? That's the next frontier for me I think.

You go brother. Glad to see you back. Have not tried my Patriot out yet. Still unfired waiting on my grandson to come enjoy it. When i bought it i said it was his if he wanted it. 😆
DL

Pretty dang impressive Lewis! That little ball is still smacking that gong pretty good at that range.

No Flintlock for me, So far i haven’t been able to talk myself in to a Flintlock, I can’t get interested in them for some reason. I think they are neat, Maybe someday?
I'm pretty accurate with iron sights out to 150 yards using my percussion cap guns. My Flint "Flinch" Lock I'm not accurate at any distance. Just not going to happen for me..

I'm pretty accurate with iron sights out to 150 yards using my percussion cap guns. My Flint "Flinch" Lock I'm not accurate at any distance. Just not going to happen for me..
That seems like it might be pretty tough to stay on point with everything going on right in front of your eyes.

There's a thread going on the other muzzleloader site about the effectiveness of a 45 caliber round ball for deer.
I can't believe the number of 45 bashers there are. Not enough this or that, power, speed, whatever.
I own 2 45's, pistol and rifle which I have yet to hunt with but intend to this year.
Hell, I've killed a ton of deer with arrows, so I can't imagine that a 45 cal. round ball wouldn't do.

We here in Indiana have to use a 50 cal or larger with at least a 12” barrel.

We here in Indiana have to use a 50 cal or larger with at least a 12” barrel.

I can’t find anything on Barrel length for here in Idaho? But seems like i have read it somewhere?

Here is the only wording i can find, according to this I would be legal to Deer Hunt with this Pistol
  1. Is at least forty-five (.45) caliber for deer, antelope, or mountain lion.
  2. Is at least fifty (.50) caliber for elk, moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, or black bear.
  3. Is loaded with a projectile that is within .010 of an inch of the bore diameter.

Think about this?

Lewis's load data is not that much different from loaded down .45ACP ballistics. Granted, that it is not a 230 grain JHP bullet, but that 129 grain pure lead ball is ALREADY at bore diameter, and can only expand greater as it encounters hide, flesh, and bone. I have said this many times to all the bullet shooters that doubt a balls ability to kill. A patched ball has a disproportionate ability to kill game that is not reflected in any ballistics chart, or calculator.

Whatever the calculator says, increase it by 25% to 50%.

Latest posts

Back