TC Patriot .45 Cal, 100 Yard Gong

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That seems like it might be pretty tough to stay on point with everything going on right in front of your eyes.
[/QUOTE
It is a huge distraction from me. So much that I never hunt with the Flintlock rifles and only target practice.

That seems like it might be pretty tough to stay on point with everything going on right in front of your eyes.
LOL, Im a lefty. My favorite pheasant gun is a right handed semi-auto Smith and Wesson 1000 in 20 gauge. Every time I pull the trigger I watch the empty shell role out of the ejection port right in front of my right eye. I don't really notice it any more. Just concentrate on the target and you will be fine.

@Idaholewis, I’m pretty sure I already know the answer but I want to ask it anyway. What happened to all your YouTube videos? My guess would be the YouTube gestapo deemed your videos “offensive” or supporting of “gun violence” or some other BS term. I went to look up a video a month or so ago for a reference and noticed most of your videos on your channel had disappeared. It pisses me off that they discriminate “gun videos” as if you’re showing a step by step instructional on how to make high explosives. I can only imagine having all the time and effort put into those videos only for YouTube to take them down. Sorry if this is a sore subject or anything. Just curious as to what went down

Look forward to watching this video tonight. This is where Aus falls down, I can own this pistol but then I need to do 13 competition shoots a year and have bars on my shed windows, constant police checks. Just not worth the hassle for a pistol.

I'll live vicariously through you on that.

Do you do any flintlock shooting? That's the next frontier for me I think.
Man, that’s crazy to think a muzzleloader pistol is treated as such a dangerous “weapon” in other countries. I would like to know the statistics on deaths related to texting while driving (or other smartphone distractions) and try to take them away as a “smart phone control” bill. I doubt any of the gun control supporters would be as vocal about “saving lives” then

@Idaholewis, I’m pretty sure I already know the answer but I want to ask it anyway. What happened to all your YouTube videos? My guess would be the YouTube gestapo deemed your videos “offensive” or supporting of “gun violence” or some other BS term. I went to look up a video a month or so ago for a reference and noticed most of your videos on your channel had disappeared. It pisses me off that they discriminate “gun videos” as if you’re showing a step by step instructional on how to make high explosives. I can only imagine having all the time and effort put into those videos only for YouTube to take them down. Sorry if this is a sore subject or anything. Just curious as to what went down

After they took down my Casting video i hard deleted the others myself, I plan to build my channel back bigger & better :lewis:

That's some dandy shooting Lewis. I had my hands on a .45 cal Patriot like this one not long ago and really wish I'd have slapped the 150.00 they wanted for it down. Timing just wasn't right. I've seen two of these for sale at pawn shops in the last three months, both .45 cal.. One was in tough shape. The one for 150 was very clean.

LOL, Im a lefty. My favorite pheasant gun is a right handed semi-auto Smith and Wesson 1000 in 20 gauge. Every time I pull the trigger I watch the empty shell role out of the ejection port right in front of my right eye. I don't really notice it any more. Just concentrate on the target and you will be fine.

I would highly recommend you go to left handed firearms, I cringe every time I see some one shoot a right handed gun left handed, especially a side lock muzzle loader. Most people do not know that the rifle stock also has a cant to it designed for the right or left handed shooter. I learned that from a book on fitting a firearm to a specific shooter. { like for skeet} An old friend told me you should fit a gun like you fit a suit. I learned this the hard way, I was convinced that my shotgun needed new sights but a gunsmith showed me in a minute how stock adjustment to my body type did the trick. My shot gun was also a Smith !000, and the stock was too long, Most of the off the shelf guns are set up for the average guy and if you want good accuracy you should explore this, I sure learned a valuable lesson.

If I decide to purchase any new long arm muzzleloading rifles, they will have to be ambidextrous. Doctor doesn't really want me shooting from the shoulders do to progressive osteoarthritis, but if I decide to do so, then I will have to distribute the recoil load equally between both shoulders.

That pretty much means a custom rifle with the L.O.P. much shorter than most current factory firearms are offered at. Nothing longer than 13" so that I can shoot properly if wearing heavy layers of winter clothing.

Fortunately, I started shooting from the left side in my teens as a challenge from some of my peers who dared me to do so. When I proved to be the only one who could accurately shoot left-handed that day, I continued to practice as I got older. Even with my flintlocks. I never had any issues shooting a flintlock because I never took flinching from the flash in the pan into account when I pulled the trigger all by myself at age 17 for the very first time. So, shooting a right-hand rifle, left-handed, where the flash is even closer to one's face, never bothered me in the least.

Other's mileage may vary.

I can’t find anything on Barrel length for here in Idaho? But seems like i have read it somewhere?

Here is the only wording i can find, according to this I would be legal to Deer Hunt with this Pistol
  1. Is at least forty-five (.45) caliber for deer, antelope, or mountain lion.
  2. Is at least fifty (.50) caliber for elk, moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, or black bear.
  3. Is loaded with a projectile that is within .010 of an inch of the bore diameter.
That’s funny they would specify the .010 of bore diameter. That is kinda odd…..

Some information on ml pistols in the “weapon restrictions” section.
I can’t find anything on Barrel length for here in Idaho? But seems like i have read it somewhere?

Here is the only wording i can find, according to this I would be legal to Deer Hunt with this Pistol
  1. Is at least forty-five (.45) caliber for deer, antelope, or mountain lion.
  2. Is at least fifty (.50) caliber for elk, moose, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, or black bear.
  3. Is loaded with a projectile that is within .010 of an inch of the bore diameter.

Back