TC PTX sabots for deer?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marlin444

Reaction score
Has anyone used the TC ptx bullets for deer? I got a good deal on some & they look like they would work for deer.I used a 250 gr. shock wave with 3 50gr. pyro pellets in my omega on a 5pt. last season.

Yeah they'll work! I shot two whitetails with them last year. No complains here! 8)

First off Marlin444 let me take this opportunity to welcome you to the forum. It's good to have you over here.

My understanding is the PTX is a XTP with a poly point put in the hollow point. I've only shot off a couple hundred of them on the range and am very impressed with their accuracy and their down range performance. My problem is the deer would never cooperate when it was time to do field testing.

I have no doubt that put in the right spot, this will make a deer have a terrible day, and bring many smiles and wonderful meals to your dinner table. In fact I made venison stew again just the other night... :lol:

Latest posts

Back