Tc renegade

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dwm said:
Well gents the gun is a kit gun with the barrel raw, it is in nice shape and I am on the fence. I can get it for 100 so I just may grab it and get it blued. I do like the color combo with the wood. Thank you everyone for the info

If ya get off that fence & go get it I’ll send yer 100 bucks back plus enough to ship it to me & a couple bucks for yer time.

Saxtonyoung said:
This is my Cougar Lewis mentioned. The stock All ready had the stainless butt plate removed and replaced with this soft pad when I got it. Never did have the Cougar barrel, just thought it would go good with a stainless GM LRH barrel.

Is that a .45 or .50 Cal GM LRH Barrel? The Recoil Pad setup looks very similiar to Idahoron’s and Harleysboss’s,

The Green Mountain LRH Barrels are really starting to “Dry up” now Days, 2-3 years ago it wasn’t that hard to find them, in fact i could find the .45s pretty much anytime, You sure don’t see many of them Nowadays though, And it’s a Crying Shame!

edmehlig said:
If it’s a 45, listen to IdahoLewis he knows what Bullets and load will work with that bbl.

I definitely have a BUNCH of good bullets for .45 That have proven themselves OVER N OVER in my .45 GM LRH, The Main Difference here is Blued vs Stainless, I had a love/hate relationship with My Old Stainless .50 Barrel, The Stainless Barrels don’t like Pure lead, at least mine sure didn’t! And I’m not the only one that had that problem, Idahoron is where i learned the importance of a little Harder bullet to get the most out of the Stainless GM LRH Barrels, When i hardened my Lead Pot up to 8-9 BHN my Old Stainless 50 Came alive!! But with pure lead it was a Pie Plate shooter? Odd as that sounds, it is a FACT! The Blued Versions on the other hand will shoot either Soft, or Harder bullets equally well. The Stainless was NIGHT N DAY Nicer to Clean, VERY Durable! And never seen a sign of flash Rust like the Blued Barrels Do everytime. Cleaning is the only thing i miss about the Stainless GM LRH Barrel.

Latest posts

Back