Testing the Ultra Bore Coat

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Accura - 245gr Powerbelts
After 5 shots with 100gr IMR White Hots, cci 209 primers, the 6th shot was tight to get down the bore.
#1 shot on clean bore is high,
000_1832.jpg

After cleaning and switching to the T7 Magnum pellets, cci 209 primers, Shot #4 was stiff to load.
#1 shot on clean bore is high again,
000_1834.jpg

The ultra bore coat obviously helps greatly with both powders. Normally with T7 i had to use a range rod and really put some muscle into it on a fouled bore.
--------------------------------------------------------

Wolf, "Not yet broken in yet with 40 shots to cure the Bore Coat"

100gr IMR White Hots, cci primer, 245gr Powerbelts,
Not happy with this group!
000_1835.jpg

Switched over to the 295's after i cleaned the bore out and shot 4 more shots,
#1 shot was high, some where in the hole is 4 shots LOL. What a difference a bullet weight change makes!
000_1836.jpg

After the 3 shots with the White Hots and 295's i had a bunch of premeasured 80gr 3f American Pioneer Powder. I figured what the heck!

Obviously you can see where one of the holes was covered with a black dot sticky to cover up an old shot from earlier. I am happy as heck with the 3 shot group with APP 3f.
000_1837.jpg

Not a bad day for testing. The barrels were NEVER allowed to cool down between shots! Load up and shoot and those barrels were HOT to the touch!

Outstanding and very impressive! FG you are a real sniper!

Where can I get this coating here in the ML underdeveloped country of Germany?

Regards

Kirrmeister

Kirrmeister said:
Doesn't work!

No shipping to Germany!

Regards

Kirrmeister
We can always do it the Thor bullets way LOL. Its no biggy.

squezer, FG: that would be a great help. Perhaps they will ship if I ask directly but with the order form I can't order!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Went and tried the w209 primers in the Accura with 100gr IMR White Hots. Beautiful 3 shot group! 50 yards again though. I ran out of pellets before i could work out to 100 yards. First and second shot were in the same hole, the 3rd shot moved up a touch.

The angle i shoot at is horrible! I have it adjusted almost all of the way up and its just enough to get by.
000_1839.jpg

000_1843.jpg

Now i love taking pictures and this one shows how much ramrod i have to work with after loading powder and bullet.
000_1844.jpg

Sadly though, taking pictures while shooting is a VERY dangerous thing to do. I WAS going to take a 5 shot group but once i fired the 4th shot.....

My ramrod was a bit to short to reload with
000_1845.jpg

Latest posts

Back