"The Early Riser Club."

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
"The Early Riser Club."

SUBJECT: "The Early Riser Club."

RonC  - PM me remarking about many of my posts are made early in the morning much like his. We for most part are on here early in the morning around 5AM MST.

Ron's Thoughts:
   I have noticed that you are one of the few others who rises early in the morning. I thought that I was the only one writing posts at 4:30 am, but many of yours show up at 5'ish or so.
   Maybe this merely is a symptom of advanced age. Perhaps it is just a developed philosophy of making the most of every day. It also could be a side effect of medication (heart medications are notorious for inducing short sleep periods).
   For me, it came about after healing from open-heart surgery. It catches up to me about 10 am and again at 3 pm.

My Reply:
   I get up in the 4-4:30AM to get my Wall Street Journal newspaper (if I wait until 5:30-6:00AM someone has stolen it).
   At the early rising I take the dog out for her morning duties then we come back in and I feed my kids (dog and cat).
   Get on the Internet and find emails from here on different subjects to review and answer in the 5AM range. Finish the first emails then start the coffee and wait for the better half to rise around 8AM.
   Good 3 hours to play on the Frontier site.

RonC suggested we can start an "Early Riser Club." 
icon_lol.gif

Anyone interested ??? :?:   :face:   :bow:

Like Jon says "Off Topic-Free for All"

Re: "The Early Riser Club."

My internal alarm clock goes of at 4AM, no matter what. Since I only need 6 hours of sleep, but need it badly, I can't stay up past 10. Period.  Been doing this for going on 50 years. Started back when I had a family, worked full time, AND went to college full time for a couple of science degrees.  Met myself coming and going, but found I had to get up early for all that homework rather than lose family time in the evening.  And yeah, my wife thinks 8AM is plenty early too! :D

My Spinoni Italiono wakes me up every morning about 5:15 AM.  He "always" within 5 minutes of that time.  I get him out and then feed him.  While he's eating I go fetch a cup of java.  He's 7 1/2 months old now so that may explain why he's so perky so early in the morning.   :( :D
zvyI9i.jpg

I get up between 3:45 and 4:30 during hunting season but I go to bed at 8:00-8:30. When it's not hunting season, I go to bed at 10:30 or so and get up whenever I wake up which can be as late as 8:00.

I got up early to go hunting yesterday at a "new" place. When I got there, I found that "my friend Irma" had dumped enough rain so the water was over the top of my knee-high boots. I sloshed back to my truck and had breakfast at a diner.
Being wet and miserable is something I don't put up with at my age.

I will join the Early Riser's Club after I make it to my first meeting of the Procrastinator's Club. Problem is, they keep postponing the meeting.
Ron

Nice dog, Joe. 

I am up early. My dog is good about helping me wake up. I tend to read more than write in the earliest of hours. I prefer to wake up a bit more before worrying too much about grammar mechanics.

I like your dog, brother-in-law had one of these guys for years. He was a laid back guy that made you smile with his pleasant face, was nice knowing old Bernie.

Smokin' Joe said:
My Spinoni Italiono wakes me up every morning about 5:15 AM.   :( :D
zvyI9i.jpg

Joe did "Spinoni" get you up today. Great face on your kid, we all like him.

These are the dogs who get us up by 5 am. The Golden mix in the first photo is now deceased. The next photo is my wife, Jane, with 2 of our Greyhounds.  Jane is a volunteer foster coordinator for Colorado Greyhound Adoption.
EaBDci.jpg

hqwito.jpg

The Greyhounds in their preferred status, as 40 mph couch potatoes:
UepOqU.jpg

Ron

Did someone say dogs and early riser. Sometimes to early for me.
img_0610.jpg

That is cute, Al, the way they cuddle! None of ours will do that.
Ron

Ron try this on every morning, they're just kids guys. If your not feeding them you cleaning poop pans, going to the vet, PetSmart, or the groomers. I have to try and fit time in for me to get to the barber.

thegirls.jpg

RonC said:
These are the dogs who get us up by 5 am. The Golden mix in the first photo is now deceased. The next photo is my wife, Jane, with 2 of our Greyhounds.  Jane is a volunteer foster coordinator for Colorado Greyhound Adoption.
EaBDci.jpg

hqwito.jpg

The Greyhounds in their preferred status, as 40 mph couch potatoes:
UepOqU.jpg

Ron

I'm glad I don't have your dog food bill, Ron. My Boykin only eats one cup of Purina dog chow/day now that she's almost 12 and sleeps a lot.

I used to get up at 4am all year long. Then one day it dawned on me that if i'm not hunting there isn't anything to do at 4am. Now, I get up at 7am. Much better.

patocazador said:
I'm glad I don't have your dog food bill, Ron. My Boykin only eats one cup of Purina dog chow/day now that she's almost 12 and sleeps a lot.
Sure, the dog food bill is steep, but it is nothing compared to the food bill to sustain me. :shock:

The vet bills have the big impact on my retirement funds. I think we sent the vet's kids to college and paid for their vacations.
Ron

My dog eats 4 cups a day and will only eat the premium food with no fillers in it. Plus, 2lbs of lean meat, a few hard boiled eggs and some of whatever i'm eating.

Maybe I should stop running him so much, but he does love the mountains.

Bear Claw said:
My dog eats 4 cups a day and will only eat the premium food with no fillers in it. Plus, 2lbs of lean meat, a few hard boiled eggs and some of whatever i'm eating.

My dog eats only filet mignon, caviar, and Kentucky Bourbon. He insists on dining with female French poodles that model for pet product ads. He insists on hiring a jack russell terrier to fetch for him and makes the cat bark at the mail man. :clown:

Kentucky Colonel said:
Bear Claw said:

My dog eats only filet mignon, caviar, and Kentucky Bourbon. He insists on dining with female French poodles that model for pet product ads. He insists on hiring a jack russell terrier to fetch for him and makes the cat bark at the mail man. :clown:
We heard because of what you just stated with feeding your dog your wife had to figure out how to cut your personal food costs KC. :cry:
She started buying canned dog food and frying it into hamburger paddies for you. :|  
She told your neighbor about the savings of feeding you. The neighbor told your Mrs. "your going to make you sick". :pale: 
Then you had that accident and were laid up for a spell, she told the neighbor you were under the weather. :scratch:
The neighbor said "I told you, you would make KC sick...." :drunken:
Your wife replied "No it wasn't the food, he was sitting on the piano bench licking his balls and fell over backwards and broke his shoulder". :blah:

:lol!:   :afro:

Latest posts

Back