the "Lead Sled" yeah-o-yeah

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncob

Reaction score
Every range session I like to think I learned something. Last week I learned I needed help. Monday night I read RW's review of The "Rock" and had all the catalog numbers listed. By noon the next day I'd fax'd the list to Gander and Sportsman's Warehouse and at 8 AM on Wednesday I ordered the Sled from Midway.

Most stores are retailing it AOA $119. Midway had a sale that ended on 8/24 for $96. I believe the Rock and accouterments were about $120. In the end, more weight means less recoil and the Sled will hold 100 lbs. (50 lbs. is plenty).

This is the point where Loggy will likely say, "What recoil?" For those of you who feel recoil - this device will eliminate it. No longer will I wonder if I flinched on the 3rd shot that would have given me bragging rights for the day - except that that 3rd shot went 3" right.

The "Sled" requires some assembly. Not to worry - I am mechanically challenged and still got it put together without swearing.

The Lead Sled - coming soon to a bench near you.

Great product. It is very convenient for load development. But I have found that it requires to sign your gun,after load was selected, without using the Sled. POI while using Sled and without it may be quite different.

Hold the foreend tight when shooting on the lead sled and it will negate the POI change somewhat. Just did a couple slugguns on one and that is what I found to hold true.

Rifleman said:
Hold the foreend tight when shooting on the lead sled and it will negate the POI change somewhat. Just did a couple slugguns on one and that is what I found to hold true.

Good idea. I will try that. Thanks Rifleman.

Corncob said:
This is the point where Loggy will likely say, "What recoil?"

What Recoil?? :lol:

Still on the lookout for it!

Back