The real Toby Bridges

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rangerod your right I know they got to have footage an stuff or may lose then job or show, but there's got to be a limit. Biggest thing to me is you get someone with no name you never hear much, but you get a star it's national new.

The people who make a living through hunting (hunting/fishing outdoor shows on the tube) are under a lot of pressure to produce and can tempt them into some unscrupulous behavior.
I used to have a sign over my desk at work that read "Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it. Right is right even if you're the only one doing it."
I tend to live by that. especially in this day and age with immorality everywhere.

Rangerod your right I know they got to have footage an stuff or may lose then job or show, but there's got to be a limit. Biggest thing to me is you get someone with no name you never hear much, but you get a star it's national new.
People who do these things never think they'll get caught. You just can never know who might just be watching. I would hate to lose my hunting privileges.

I know I live in a different part of the world as others, here most don't care sad to say I've seen stuff make you puke, found a pile of at least 20+ dead some loined an hammed, some nothing gone bigger bucks just the head gone. Its a game to alot of them, if you kill one an eat it fine but to just waste stuff, I don't see it. Enough of my rant lol!

Don't be so quick to cast stones! I've known a couple hundred outdoorsmen over the last fifty or so years and can count on one hand how many have never broken fish and game laws! I'll take that back, I can't think of any but they have many trophies hanging about. I know I'm the perfect outdoorsman and have never broken a game law so I can trash talk them all just like you guy's, yeah right! So righteous and arrogant we who know nothing about the man! He's been through some tough times and maybe we aren't qualified to judge!

Blatant disregard is a lot different than something accidental.

I walked a mile in the snow and failing light to get phone service to turn myself in for shooting a 2” spike when I had a doe muzzy tag, it was my fault, I easily could have left it or loaded it up and went the 4 miles to home with it under the tonneau cover, but I didn’t because that wouldn’t be right.

Game warden took the call, told me to tag it and clean it and he would look at the head in the morning. Laughed and gave me a warning the next day.

People I hunt and fish with that show disregard for regulations I no longer hunt and fish with nor do I associate with them outside of hunting and fishing. If they can’t be trusted to follow the law then they can’t be trusted as a friend either.

Karma is a b#$&ch.

My 17 yo has some minor sponsorship for bass fishing he fishes local tournaments and does some internet stuff promoting the sponsors. There is a push to produce. last year he snagged a plastic mesh box (think lobster trap) that contained several bass, he called it into the sheriff (who has some powers extended to him by the DNR) at the lake they set up a camera and deduced who did it. The amount of $ even from small weekly pots is huge. More than I bring home in a week as a teacher. Just brings shame. The outdoors, Hunting and fishing is one of the best ways to teach morals to our kids. These jerks undermine these all important life lessons.

Lol I tried the local small tournaments I'd do good pre fishing but couldn't never do better in tournament lol, everything is about the buck anymore, money money, I think I'm born in wrong century money's not everything.

Lol I tried the local small tournaments I'd do good pre fishing but couldn't never do better in tournament lol, everything is about the buck anymore, money money, I think I'm born in wrong century money's not everything.
You and me both mate

I just as soon be miles from anywhere no roads in or out, cabin an my supplies, but that won't never happen anymore,timber all being destroyed more an more people moving in.

Do any of you remember Noel Feather? He was a big archery hunter with a lot of animals in the Pope and Young record book. He got caught poaching and all his record animals got kicked out of the book. I don't remember what all he got caught doing but it was pretty bad but I don't think it was as bad as Bridges.
Sorry to hear that, id lost track of Noe, to bad Noe went bad, he was a hell of an Archer…

Back