The wine is ready

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
14 bottles for the larder and one short bottle in the fridge to go with dinner tonight.

hCpUJ8Q.jpg

This wine is about three months old now and cleared very well so I bottled it up today. Its made from Frontenac Grapes we grow here at home. The grape variety is a seeded table grape but I don't care for them on the table at all. The wine...now that's a different animal altogether. Ma enjoys either.

It amazing how color is determined by the growing year. We had an outstanding growth year on the grapes and actually did two pickings and combined the two wines after they went thru the primary ferment and got re-fermented after the mixing. Last year the wine was a much paler pink and the grapes didn't do as well as they did this year. The flavor is very nice.

Now....on to the dinner table.

I really enjoy a good homemade wine. Someday, when time will permit, I need to make some.

One homemade beer I enjoy, peaks in flavor around 9 months, when does wine peak in flavor?

This isn't bad right away after bottling but I think it does better after a year. I'll have some of last year's and some of the new at Christmas this year, both the same wine grapes and we'll get a good comparison then. White grapes do better as a new wine.

Sorta miss homemade wine, old friend used to give me 3 or 4 bottles a year. You had to be VERY careful with it, tasted just like grape juice so if you were not careful it would sneak up and nock your wiener in the dirt. Looks good

It looks nice Tom! But sure brings back some ROUGH memories to me :lol: I remember over indulging a few different times, actually, A LOT of different times, Wine REALLY made me Sick. BUT, that was my fault, if 1 glass tasted good, and made me a little tingly feeling, Shouldn’t 2-3 Bottles at 1 sitting be even better? That was my mentality

Latest posts

Back