They are hooked! Two new shooters

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
IMG_7616.jpg

IMG_7602.jpg

IMG_7607.jpg

I'll have more coming, but Robert ( Beard ) and his cousin Brian had a hell of a good time out on the range today!

The Hawken is a Traditions and the Pistol is an old CVA Mountain Pistol.

Worse than heroin...........and may actually cost more! :Questuon:

But good on you for passing it forward!

Love the CVA Mountain Pistols Ive got 1 I built from a kit back in the 70s .They are accurate and fun to shoot.
Mark

Here's how we afflict a whole group of youngsters at one time...shotgun effect! 17-24 year olds! Speaking of shotgun that's a blunderbuss closest to camera.
IMG_2310_edited.jpg

Nice shot there Doug. Anyone who doesnt appreciate that just aint alive. Al

:D ..................in addition to their first experience with muzzleloaders....they learned to start a fire with flint and steel, did hourly night watch till dawn.........and learned after being awake freezing all night to pairing up to share their single wool blankets and oil cloths the second night.....Practiced "Rogers Rules of Ranging".

WE GOT TO PASS IT ON.........FOR HERITAGE SAKE! :thumbs up:

Pathfinder Adventures doesn't as of yet,  but will I suppose at some point.  I had put our website on hold,  but have just requested the Web master to fire it up again. We are reorganizing to be geared towards high school students, rather than a mixture of teens and 18-25 year olds. My wife and I still have a vision for our discipleship school,  which will include a 10 week colonial living history experience. We have discovered that recreating a18th century living inviroment challenges our youth by introducing them to the disciplines required for simple survival on the colonial frontier.

Every time I go to a local rendezvous, the participants look older and older (except for me :twisted:). so it is heartening to see that you have brought in some young people!
Ron

:D
Ron.......as much as exposing this generation to muzzleloading firearms and 18th century living history, we want to challenge millennials to grow in discipline and maturity so they can better survive an increasingly hostile and challenging world.

Back in the 70's and 80's we took high school youth on backpacking trips all over Colorado...and found quite a bit of success. What we do now is the same thing but rather than backpacks, sleeping bags, Gortext clothing and freeze dried food...... our participants carry a wool blanket, oil cloth, shoulder slung haversack, dried peas, rice, jerky, musket, cartridge box, colonial leather shoes or moccasins and of course wool, cotton and linen clothing......sorta taking the outdoor trekking experience to the next level. Our whole vision for the living history portion of the program is a reconstructed colonial fort..............that way we can have a co-ed program of 18-25 year olds.

Doug, 

what you are doing sounds great! Sharing what we personally enjoy will help ensure that what we care about will carry on in the future. 

Mentoring is hugely important with the young and bye-in with parents is possible. 

Good fortunes on your endeavors.

That is terrific, Doug. It looks like great fun, as well.

Ron

It is fun but a lot of work...

I have two young men I have been mentoring for 8 years...one is now married and finishing a degree in Forestry. The other is finishing up a business degree.......mentoring or discipleship is an on going process....Clair has been discipling a young woman for 16 years.......sadly as a child she was passed around by a pedophile ring her father was involved in. We live in a very wicked world. Men/women of integrity need to get involved and mentor the millennials!

Gonna have to put a curve in that cap bill to be traditional! That flat cap look won't cut it!! :lol: :face:

Latest posts

Back