third pillar in 10ml-ll

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danwhitejr

Reaction score
I know this has been talked about, but before I add a third pillar I would like to make sure I am drilling in the right spot. I believe it should be 7/8" in front of the trigger guard screw if my memory serves me. Also should I form the post to fit the action or leave it straight like the factory posts?

danwhitejr said:
I know this has been talked about, but before I add a third pillar I would like to make sure I am drilling in the right spot. I believe it should be 7/8" in front of the trigger guard screw if my memory serves me. Also should I form the post to fit the action or leave it straight like the factory posts?

I went 3/4 in front of action screw (left it straight) on the first one I did.

I have seen no need to 3rd screw on my newest ML II since all the wonderful breech removal tools (EZ Tool). No need to remove or loosen action screws at all all now.

Been over a year since cracking a screw and hope it is much longer before necessary again. (But 2nd one is bedded and the 1st one is not) :D

Just to keep it simple I put the third pillar at 1 inch away.

Latest posts

Back