This ain't your Dads Leupold...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Brown truck left a package today...a new Leupold 3.5-10X50 VX-III! YIPPEE! First thing I DID was grab up the Conquest 3.5-10X44 and go outside! You ain't gonna' believe it and I don't know if I do or not... INITIAL impression.... the big VX-III SMOKED the Conquest! I was looking at my neighbors barn/tractor. The beams supporting the roof and the image of the tractor CLEARLY superior thru the VX-III at dusk! I really couldn't believe there was THAT much difference...and in the VX-IIIs FAVOR!

I'm going to do a more complete test of course but MAN....what Leupold is DOING is WORKING! Keep up the good work is all I can say! :yeah:

Sounds like a good scope Chuck! Those few extra MM's make a difference when the sun goes down!

What are you gonna mount that baby on?

Chuck, doesnt surprise me. I have an older Leupold 3.5-10 Vari-X III which is the brightest scope I own bar none. It has the Leupold patented MultiCoat 4 Lens coating which my guess your VX-III has also.

HB #69! Looks like the Conquest will have to be the back-up!

That doesnt surprise me at all.

Well it did ME! I was telling JJ that I at least HOPED the scope would be CLOSE to the Conquest. MUCH to my surprise the image quality was really a GOOD BIT better!

Hey Loggy! Where you been?

Looks like it's going to be a Leupold autumn! :yeah:

big6x6 said:

Hey Loggy! Where you been?

On the road for work alot plus movin a Daughter into college. Hope things soon free-up for huntin season. Also involved in doin some Modin work over at HuntingPA.

big6x6 said:
Brown truck left a package today...a new Leupold 3.5-10X50 VX-III! YIPPEE! First thing I DID was grab up the Conquest 3.5-10X44 and go outside! You ain't gonna' believe it and I don't know if I do or not... INITIAL impression.... the big VX-III SMOKED the Conquest! I was looking at my neighbors barn/tractor. The beams supporting the roof and the image of the tractor CLEARLY superior thru the VX-III at dusk! I really couldn't believe there was THAT much difference...and in the VX-IIIs FAVOR!

I'm going to do a more complete test of course but MAN....what Leupold is DOING is WORKING! Keep up the good work is all I can say! :yeah:

So you think it's much better than the old Vari-X line? :shock:

big6x6 said:
the big VX-III SMOKED the Conquest!

Please send smokey useless Conquest to Wakeman in Plainfield, IL, and send the tractor picture to Schlocky.

Thank you.

So you think it's much better than the old Vari-X line?

I really can't say that since I don't have a Vari-X III 3.5-10X50 to compare. It would be great if I DID have one though. I'm thinking Harry may have one though......

I have an older VX-3 in 1/5x5 mounted on a 7mm. This scope has had horses fall on it, I broke 3 stocks ,Gets pulled up and down trees while making drives and is hauled around on a Atv It has been is Alaska, Co elk hunting about 20 times. Deer hunting in Wi. weather and Canada moose hunting. I never had to change the zero in all this time I just take it out back and shoot a couple of shots to confirm it is still on. Always is.
I have several 1 3/4 x 6 which are newer and they are brighter, again never a problem.
That said they are small scopes mounted as low as I can get them so problems are not magnified as much as larger scopes.
Mine anyway just have never failed me. Hard to change success.
Redclub

Latest posts

Back