Thompson Center Muzzleloading shotgun barrel?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaskan Hunter

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am thinking of expanding my Muzzleloader hunting. I already own a Thompson Center Pro Hunter with a 50 cal muzzleloader barrel so was thinking it would be less expensive to buy a barrel than a new gun. Anyone have any experiance with this barrel? are they a shooter or just a waste of time and money? I am looking to hunt turkey and rabbits. No wing shooting.

Thanks for your time
Alaskan Hunter

Alaskan Hunter said:
Hello All,
I am thinking of expanding my Muzzleloader hunting. I already own a Thompson Center Pro Hunter with a 50 cal muzzleloader barrel so was thinking it would be less expensive to buy a barrel than a new gun. Anyone have any experiance with this barrel? are they a shooter or just a waste of time and money? I am looking to hunt turkey and rabbits. No wing shooting.

Thanks for your time
Alaskan Hunter

I was debating the same thing ... But if you look hard enough .. I found a Remington 870 Express that shoots 3" shells for $225 ... Which a muzzleloading shotgun barrel costs around $300 on the net .. So its a good savings .. It just depends on if you want a muzzleloader shotgun

Alaskan Hunter said:
Hello All,

Thanks for your time
Alaskan Hunter

I have been working with one and can post some results if you are still interested.

Back