THompson Center Patriot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TScottW991

Reaction score
I’ve been a Thompson Center user  for a long time. Centerfire, muzzleloader and in-line muzzleloader.  However I somehow missed the TC Patriot pistol, or I may have forgotten. 

I finally went to my clubs muzzleloader shoot last month and saw a TC Patriot that a fellow member was shooting. I’ve never owned a muzzleloader pistol and this one struck my interest. 

I found one and will hopefully have it in my hands next week :D I can’t wait! Will have to look hard for some FFFG as our only source of black powder went dry in March when he closed his doors.

a05b8c10.jpg

83bccf10.jpg

TScottW99 said:
I’ve been a Thompson Center user  for a long time. Centerfire, muzzleloader and in-line muzzleloader.  However I somehow missed the TC Patriot pistol, or I may have forgotten. 

I finally went to my clubs muzzleloader shoot last month and saw a TC Patriot that a fellow member was shooting. I’ve never owned a muzzleloader pistol and this one struck my interest. 

I found one and will hopefully have it in my hands next week :D I can’t wait! Will have to look hard for some FFFG as our only source of black powder went dry in March when he closed his doors.
TScottW99
Very nice, Good luck with your purchase.
Stoney

The TC Patriot is a Fine Looking Target Pistol :Red tup: They made it in a .36 and .45 Caliber, the .36 Being the Rarer, harder to find Piece. The Triggers are Backwards compared to a Rifle, The Front trigger is to Set, the Rear trigger is to Fire. That would take some getting use to for me. Nice find, and Good luck with it!

Just don't use a loading standing with those pistols, they love to crack in the wrist. Just put that stock into the fleshy part of your hip when loading.

FrontierGander said:
Just don't use a loading standing with those pistols, they love to crack in the wrist. Just put that stock into the fleshy part of your hip when loading.
That is what I read, as well.

Congratulations for landing that Patriot.

I have one with surprisingly nice wood. It also fits my hand well. The hooded front sight has been helpful for my aged eyes.
Ron

Latest posts

Back