Woodman Patriot Durability?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
I've been reading post about the Patriot. I've never been a huge fan of break-action guns, perfering Knight's. I was leaning towards ordering the following:

- Patriot .45 1-18 twist
- High Pressure adjustable breechplug

I'd like to shoot Fury 265 STB bullets with Reloader 7, mainly because I have them laying around.

Can anyone who owns one and shoots smokless comment on durability? How are they holding up? Are they tight? Loose lockup is one of my main concerns with break-actions.

Thanks for any help, I've always perfered one piece muzzleloaders, but I don't see anything out there offering the features of the Patriot in the price range.

The bolt gun will be coming but you'll have to wait some time for it. The Omega with Woodman barrel is on top of my list to get and I'd opt for that 1-18 twist as well.
I have a Patriot with the .45 Brux 1-20 and have been extremely pleased with it. I have not shot enough smokeless out of it to say how it would hold up over time, but so far its been fantastic. Actually my BH209 loads are far more brutal in the recoil dept.

I am the third owner of my Patriot and I am pretty certain that both prior owners shot a lot of smokeless thru it and it's as tight as ever. No slop or movement anywhere in the gun, opened or closed. Everything is CNC machined out of high quality steel and I have zero worries that I will shoot it enough to loosen things up.

Thank you all.
I would love to have a barrel made for an Omega. I've been having a hard time coming up with a donor gun I'm willing to pay for.

The bolt gun will be coming but you'll have to wait some time for it. The Omega with Woodman barrel is on top of my list to get and I'd opt for that 1-18 twist as well.
I have a Patriot with the .45 Brux 1-20 and have been extremely pleased with it. I have not shot enough smokeless out of it to say how it would hold up over time, but so far its been fantastic. Actually my BH209 loads are far more brutal in the recoil dept.
I noticed when I first started messing with smokeless powders that when I took a smokeless charge that got me the same MV that I got from a BH209 Charge, that the recoil signature was much different & therefore felt much less.

Durability is sure an issue ,I do not think you're going to wear that rifle out ,as a big fan of the Patriot I'd like to see you wear it out, I think if you shot a patriot so much that you wore it out or loosened up the action you would need shoulder surgery, and I certainly believe that mark at Woodman arms would stand behind his rifle if you wore it out,, there is no other lightweight smokeless capable rifle in America being sold that I know of like the Patriot I sure wouldn't buy one with the mindset of wondering how many rounds over the lifespan of the rifle I could put through it, it's a hunting rifle not a target rifle, considering that there is no way with typical hunting use and even working up loads for hunting and enjoying some Target work that you're going to wear that little rifle out it's very well built. Now if loads were used that were way over pressure and the rifle was taken out of its intended use and purpose that might be different but I cannot see that happening.

I would not be afraid to order another. After having mine for about 2 plus years, it is my go to muzzleloader/ woods hunting/ walking/ tree stand hunting gun. I have shot the gun a couple hundred times and there is nothing bad i can say about the gun or the maker of the gun..sometimes i feel like ordering another to have a new old stock so i feel complacent in life…

I'm working on my Omega withe the Brux 1-18 Twist.
I am really looking forward to the Alpha to come out from Woodman.
I'm donor gun poor on Omegas.
I plan on a .40 cal build next thanks to this bunch of ENABELERS!
Annnnnd, you are very welcome!
Enjoy the new Omega, I'm just getting started with mine.
Keep us posted on your .40 build

You could just sell me yours and save me the build time.I'm sure you would enjoy building another.
Nice try, & the psych 101 was very cool too. Buuuuut.....No
I am already into another Omega build. I should have sent everything to Mark months ago, but I had some financial issues that prevented that. I haven't even sent the build off yet & I'm planning the third Omega build with the last donor action I have. I'm prob gonna try reeeal hard to stop at 3 of them. Doing the build is worth the learning experience.

Nice try, & the psych 101 was very cool too. Buuuuut.....No
I am already into another Omega build. I should have sent everything to Mark months ago, but I had some financial issues that prevented that. I haven't even sent the build off yet & I'm planning the third Omega build with the last donor action I have. I'm prob gonna try reeeal hard to stop at 3 of them. Doing the build is worth the learning experience.
I just couldn't help but suggesting it.The Enabelers have me brain washed.I need all the Omegs for myself!!! I'm out of control. Going to have to start a support group 😔😔😔

I just couldn't help but suggesting it.The Enabelers have me brain washed.I need all the Omegs for myself!!! I'm out of control. Going to have to start a support group 😔😔😔
You're already IN a " support group ". This is the Enablers support group. Where you express an interest in something & we all support that interest & enable the crap out of you to get it....regardless of whether you can afford it, whether you really need it or not, how loud your wife may yell. Thats how this works, bc we care.

Back