Thoughts on revolvers....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So LBA, did you buy a .41 yet or are you still mulling it over?

Controlling muzzle rise on the 460 is proving to be a challenge. It's considerable at 100 yards. I will not give up though. I'm sure the 350 legend will have some.
I tried to get my musled up 18 year old to to shoot my 460.He said he could feel the muzzle blast in his eyeballs standing 6 feet behind me.He said no thanks, lol. It's really not that bad.

Controlling muzzle rise on the 460 is proving to be a challenge. It's considerable at 100 yards. I will not give up though. I'm sure the 350 legend will have some.
I tried to get my musled up 18 year old to to shoot my 460.He said he could feel the muzzle blast in his eyeballs standing 6 feet behind me.He said no thanks, lol. It's really not that bad.
I shot this model before PERFORMANCE CENTER® MODEL 460XVR - 14" BARREL WITH BI-POD. It wasn't as bad as I thought that it was going to be. I guess the weight and muzzle brake helped. It was just factory loads.

For my purposes (woods carry), the S&W Model 57 41mag loaded with some hard cast bullets should be ideal.

I tell you, it's hard to beat the 41 mag.Im am amazed at the people that have never heard of it.If I remember right , it's been around longer than the 44 and 357.I may be wrong.
The 357 is the oldest, followed by the 44. The 41(my fav) was supposed to be "in between", and was made third.

I tell you, it's hard to beat the 41 mag.Im am amazed at the people that have never heard of it.If I remember right , it's been around longer than the 44 and 357.I may be wrong.
The 357 mag is the oldest, then the 44 mag was next. The 41 mag was the last on the scene. It was created I believe to give law enforcement something between the other two.

Yep. A 57 is alittle easier to get. People keep telling me a 357 loaded with hard cast is all I need. They say a hot loaded 357 158 - 180 hard cast will shoot lengthwise through a hog.
Yessir, I'm with you on that.
I have no experience trying to drive anything through a hog, so I'll take your word on it. I know hard cast bullets can have impressive penetration.

Yessir, I'm with you on that.
I have no experience trying to drive anything through a hog, so I'll take your word on it. I know hard cast bullets can have impressive penetration.
No experience with hogs or cast bullets....
Hoping to gain some experience, though....🙂

Well,
You bunch of "enablers" done it again! This very thread made me aware of a 350 Legend X Frame and now there's David and Goliath and of course "David" now needs a scope and a custom leather chest holster like the big guy.I need to be a "supported" member instead of supporting, lol

Attachments

• 20240118_151833.jpg
    20240118_151833.jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back