Tick Season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traveling home from work today and this guy was casually walking up my pants...
That's a Jumbo version of the ones that I've been seeing in the past few years! I don't remember seeing ticks that little when I was growing up in the 70s-80s! My boss contracted Lime disease from a tick last year! He completely recovered from it but took a while! I get a granular powder from Walmart and spread it around my house and yard! It really seems to help with the critters!

It is upon us.

Yes, the ticks are here. i recently found one dug into the belt line. That happened because i went into the woods without wearing my treated clothes.

Clothes treated with permethrin also repel skeeters and gnats. While brush hogging i've had ticks fall on my treated clothes and instantly die.

I have the blood type that mosquitoes and ticks love, and if they're nearby, they'll swarm me. I work outside, and I've tried out pretty much every bug spray on the market and found the Avon Bug Guard Plus with IR3535 to be the hands down winner. It lasts the longest, even when wet or sweaty, and it keeps pretty much every creepy crawley off of my skin. It also doesn't smell nearly as bad as DEET.

I've also found using a tea tree oil shampoo to be incredibly effective at keeping them out of my hair.

I have the blood type that mosquitoes and ticks love, and if they're nearby, they'll swarm me. I work outside, and I've tried out pretty much every bug spray on the market and found the Avon Bug Guard Plus with IR3535 to be the hands down winner. It lasts the longest, even when wet or sweaty, and it keeps pretty much every creepy crawley off of my skin. It also doesn't smell nearly as bad as DEET.
Its not the smell of the DEET that i hate, it’s the taste. 🤮

Latest posts

Back