...Todays final range report for this season.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:D 
Last one for the year. Now I'll be shooting off my stix so I can get used to them for the season. Today was an AWESOME DAY to be making smoke. The temp was around mid 60's if I remember correctly or maybe a little cooler. Main thing though was that it was to cool for skeeters. The were a few die hard bees around but no skeeters. Sky was clear and no wind. Great day to shoot.
I thought that my scope needed to be tweaked but I was mistaken. I started at the 25 yard bench because IMHO, if it's on at 25, your really going to be close at 100. You be the judge.
001_zpsa95d5337.jpg
004_zps38d079c8.jpg
006_zpsdf0f9aa7.jpg

In the 1st target I shot 3 bullets at each target and as you can see they are touching. I tried 2 different sabots but as you can see I really don't think it makes a difference. ( I do get a little tighter fit going down the barrel with the E-L LOAD SABOTS ). I then walked over to the 100 and as you can see they are all in the bull but the one. I knew what I did wrong as soon as the rifle went off. At the very last minute for what ever reason I wrapped more finger around the trigger then normal. That flier was the 1st shot. The rest are in the bull. The deer target was out at the 130 yard line. No problem there either. I didn't need to make any adjustments to my new scope. There were no adjustments made going from the 25 to the 130. CVA :!: :!: JUST A BETTER GUN :cheers: IMHO that is.
I didn't swab the barrel but like always I pull the B/P to clear it from carbon. I also don't wait for the barrel to cool. Today was no need to do so.
............................. My MR is zeroed  ......................

Good luck to all this season.

Ray.............;)

Great shooting & great report Ray! Glad you got out & had such great success! That gun is dialed in for sure!! I have the Apex ready of course & I hope so with the Knight soon. I will be switching to bags soon & I am contemplating a set of sticks too.

Ray that is some great shooting there buddy, and you have that scope dialed in just right. You are ready to go, no doubt in my mind. Great shooting.
Carlos

GregK said:
Great shooting & great report Ray! Glad you got out & had such great success! That gun is dialed in for sure!! I have the Apex ready of course & I hope so with the Knight soon. I will be switching to bags soon & I am contemplating a set of sticks too.
Greg I hate to say this but I don't think you have your APEX ready to go yet.:evil:  But you will soon enough:twisted:
Carlos

I always feel funny commenting on the same thread on two different forums, but that's some sniper performance Ray.

Sorry Carlos.  :D

Don't think Carlos will mind Pete , that was some awesome shooting on Ray's part !

Muley said:
I always feel funny commenting on the same thread on two different forums, but that's some sniper performance Ray.

Sorry Carlos.  :D
No problem. I taught him everything he knows.8) :D

lookin good Ray! i cant wait till it cools down here so i can get out with my smoke pole!

CVA 
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
 JUST A BETTER GUN 
icon_cheers.png
 IMHO that is.

Great shooting, Hawg.  But I can't go along with your statement. :evil: 

Thanks again gents for the replies :!: 

Tony,
That's why the good Lord made apples and oranges :!: We all have different tastes, likes and dislikes. I for one don't care for the KNIGHT's or  T/C's :no: They don't feel or fit me the way the CVA's do :cheers: For me," IT'S JUST A BETTER GUN" :!: :!: 

Ray...........;)

I am all for finding a gun that fits you and what feels "right".  But implying that a CVA is better than a T/C, that is hurtful.  Maybe you meant "CVA: Its just a gun that fits me better than a T/C".

Tony said:
I am all for finding a gun that fits you and what feels "right".  But implying that a CVA is better than a T/C, that is hurtful.  Maybe you meant "CVA: Its just a gun that fits me better than a T/C".
 If Ray wants to call it a better gun. It is for him.

You're free to call a TC a better gun.

:lol:  Might as well give up Tony , like Pete once said 'life will be dull if every one of us liked the same things'

Hawg, looks like you're more than ready with those groups :!: ;)

Thanks guys for your opinions and your feelings on rifles. I agree 100% with what Pete said according to Spitfire. " Life would be dull if every one of us liked the same thing".
Make a lot of smoke guys.........:cheers: 

Ray......... ;)

Back