tominator bases

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I beagle

Reaction score
anybody that has a white tominator, do you know what bases fit and where I might get them? thank you in advance!

Just a guess, but maybe the G series rifles (whitetail, model 97) take the same scope mounts. Tominators are BG series so similar except for the breech plug.

what I thought toytruck, thought maybe they might b a common base for something else also. thank you for your time as always. you commented when I was looking for a tominator. you said you squirrel hunted with it, what load did you find works for you. I have shot it several times. wondering what you came up with.

I looked up what I had, these weaver bases are what you need. Perfect fit on my Thunder shotgun, should be same as the Tominator. Only set I have so not for sale.

what I thought toytruck, thought maybe they might b a common base for something else also. thank you for your time as always. you commented when I was looking for a tominator. you said you squirrel hunted with it, what load did you find works for you. I have shot it several times. wondering what you came up with.
I use 75 gr.(V) triple 7 2Fg cushion wad/ ribbed shot cup with 1 1/4 oz. #6 magnum lead shot/ card wad. That load kills squirrel's out to 30 yds.

Last edited:
thank you very much for all the info! also, where do you get the shot cups and what kind?

now u tell me. lol. yea. a lot of things are hard to find now. thanks for all the info again. I've shot trying to figure out patterns and it seems it shooting pretty good. I will try and find them but if not I will go with what I got. you have helped me a lot. thank you very much!

hey toy truck, I finally found the bp12 wads u told me about and getting ready to order, they are in stock. I have shot the tominator a few times and not having prior experience with a blackpowder shotgun wasn't sure what wads to use. but doing research I found the cushion wads (thick ones), felt wads , overshot cards. i am not able to get the cushion wads down the barrel. I have been using the felt wads and they are working with so so results as far as a pattern to kill squirrels. the 4 chokes that came with the gun. it seems to me the loads I've tried the Xtra full hastings choke doesn't get as tight pattern as the mod. just thought I'd ask u , thought maybe u had some ideas. I am gonna get the wad u told me about and see if I can't tighten the pattern up. It has been fun shooting and trying to work up a load. thanks again for your time.

I'm shooting 777, might b fffg, gonna have to look, not sure. I've got both ffg, and fffg. I've been shooting mostly 90 grains. but have shot 70, and 80.

I'm shooting 777, might b fffg, gonna have to look, not sure. I've got both ffg, and fffg. I've been shooting mostly 90 grains. but have shot 70, and 80.
That's probably your pattern problem. Your using the hotter 3Fg where 2Fg is better suited for shotguns. Also back off the 90 gr. an try 75gr. 2Fg triple 7 with the ribbed shotcups. Remember to slit them down the sides as even as possible. Try three slits first then go to four slits depending on the pattern you want.
I also use magnum #6 lead shot. I bet the squirrels are gonna be surprised this fall if your gun shoots like mine does!!

I'll look at the powder and try those different things. I'll let u know when I get a chance. thanks again!

Latest posts

Back