Took advantage of the cold weather.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porkchop401

Reaction score
This morning it was 06f at daylight, being off from work I decided to do a little ml cold weather testing. The last time I saw these temps in Louisiana I was a kid though I have hunted in other states in similar conditions but never getting to test .
My rifle functioned as it shood but I did notice slightly lower points of impact in the 12 degree air. By slightly I mean a couple inches at 100yds. as opposed the 60f plus days I typically shoot on here in Louisiana .
Another thing is my gongs are white and in the snow covered woods my lane goes through it was much more difficult to aim

Even in the worst conditions it beats sittin' on the couch or workin'. It is colder there than it is up here in Ohio, (GLOBAL WARMING).

Its -20 here in the thumb of Michigan this morning. It will warm up quickly I hope. For you fellows who go out and shoot in that you have my respect. Ill wait till it warms up a bit.

North West Iowa .. great place to live ! I was in Spencer from 74 till 81 working for Eaton Corp . Loved it.

Back