Torque specs for Burris mounts and rings

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nivlac1960

Reaction score
Does anybody knows the torque specs for Burris XTB scope base screws and Signature Zee Ring cross bolts and ring screws?

I watched a show a week or so ago, and they used 65 pounds per sq/in on the bases of the rifle they were working in (a modern center fire) and they did 30 on the rings. Whether this applies to Burris I have no idea. But the person mounting the scope advised he does this with all scopes he mounts. And they too were putting some quality bases and rings on the scope. They used a torque screw driver and he explained how important it is to have all surfaces clean and no finger prints. It was an interesting show.

Just because you got me thinking.. I went to Brownell's web site and watched a video of them mounting a scope. He did not even seem concerned about lbs/sq/in pressure. All he was concerned about was getting every thing nice and tight. Although here again, he did degrease everything before he put things together. Interesting video.

torque

I use a wheeler torque wrench when mounting my scopes. They recommend the following settings.

Base screws - 30 inch lbs.

windage screws - 30-40 inch lbs

ring screws - aluminum rings - 10-15 inch lbs

ring screws - steel rings - 15 - 20 inch lbs

I have mounted five scopes using their recommended torque settings with no issues so far. I degrease all threads prior to installing any scope. I only use removable loctite on the base screws.

Latest posts

Back