torque wrench

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coop

Reaction score
I am looking to buy an inch pound torque wrench. The primary use would be for bases, rings, action screws, etc. I did a search on Google and found the results to be a little overwhelming. Could a few of you tell me what you use and like and I will just go from there. Please be brand and modell specific if you can.
Thanks,
Jeff

I have a snap on torq meter and a 1/4 inch snap on QU 117c, from 30 inch pounds to 200. The torq meter goes from 0 to 150 inch pounds. It is a 3/8 drive. I got it from my father in law for $20 and the socket on ebay for a steal at around $30 as I recall. It was not smooth in operation until a little WD40 and now it works like a charm.

I just picked up a new Utica TS35 Micro Adjustable Torque Nut Screwdriver from E-bay. Now I am looking for information on the proper torque lbs per inch for the various action, scope base and ring screws... I have seen several articles concerning this issue but have found no clear consensus.

I also just bought a TS35 off eBay, although I haven't got it yet. I'm using it for the same purpose. I'll let you know if I come across any references. In the past, I've had to contact manufacturers for this information.

brand new Fat wrench from Caldwell.Made for this purpose I have one it works well. Available through around $50.

Latest posts

Back