Traditions™ 1851 Navy Revolver Pistol - .44 Cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cabelas has the actual (.36 cal) steel frame Navy for $200.

They also have the 1860 Army (.44 cal) for $300.

I like the Pietta Model 1851 Navy Yank Pepperbox .36-Cal. Black-Powder Revolver at Cabelas for $220.00

1571268480250.png

Neat belly gun, what a view from the front end.

Buck I had a chance to buy one of those awhile back for next to nothing ,and like a dumb ass I didnt do it been kicking myself ever since.. Think he only wanted around 80 bucks and it looked unfired.

AZshooter,
I can not recall where I saw what you have written about but it was explained just as you have done. There may be a way to repair this by using a "ring" to line/fill in the area where the softer metal has been dug out.
A good light load avoids this potential problem and keeps your revolver working longer.

I guess I'm bucking the trend with this opinion, but. I don't like brass frames on revolvers. But I'll say that the brass used on these revolvers are not all that soft. They are, from what I've read, made from brass that is more like (stronger) bronze which was used to make cannon. But that aside, I do not believe shooting any level of loads will cause the frame to stretch. But there is a "possibility" too much force when seating ball can be a factor. Just make sure you do not use ball that's to large. If it's hard to seat any ball in the cylinder, the ball is likely too large.

Latest posts

Back