Traditions 1860 Army .44

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
here she be! Not the best pics due to the lighting but it will do until tomorrow. I'll get some good ones in and with any luck, get a few shots through her.
img_3210.jpg

img_3211.jpg

I only got to shoot her 12 times but man was it fun! 15 grains turned out to be inaccurate but still could hit a man size target at 12 yards without any trouble. I did flinch on one shot and missed the body lol, god only knows why. There's no recoil at all with 15 grains 3f Goex.

I bumped it up to 20 grains 3f goex and boy she fell right into place!

15gr
IMG_3227_zps13873e59.jpg

20gr
IMG_3238_zps84842dfc.jpg

IMG_3228_zpsc2ca1061.jpg

IMG_3235_zps0bb88f83.jpg

IMG_3234_zpsd5121d87.jpg

IMG_3236_zpsc59a602b.jpg

IMG_3232_zpsafb1ac42.jpg

It's my favorite C&B revolver, because of the large grip I used two of them made by Uberti for CAS shooting.

It took a lot of work to get them to stop dropping the caps into the action, and jamming it when shot fast. I finally sent them off to a gunsmith who specializes in percussion revolvers for CAS, and he soldered small shields in to prevent the caps form falling in. I could then shoot the gun as fast as I could pull the hammer back.

Lots of fun shooting max loads, and blowing bystanders away with the smoke. Although the rifle and shotgun were a bit better at that.  :D 

btw A little unknown fact is you can't overload a C&B revolver if you shoot real BP. If you can fit the ball in the chamber. You can't put in too much powder.

Yep I've heard that one as well Pete , I know Elmer Keith said to fill the chamber and then ram the ball home compressing the powder till the ball sits flush with the chamber mouth.

I do that with my Remington and although it is not the most accurate load it will still keep all 6 in a 4-5" circle offhand at 25 yds.

Back