• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE Traditions Pistol For Sale

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a .50 caliber Traditions Buckhunter In Line pistol for sale. The barrel says Made In Spain/Old Saybrook,Ct U.S.A
.50caliber/1/20" It comes with a holster and some accessories as seen in the pictures. It appears to be in good shape. I am in New York State,so you need to have a Pistol Permit to buy this gun. I bought this gun years ago with the intention of getting into black powder but never had any ammo for it and never shot it. Now I am retired,I would like to try again,but I think I would be better of starting with a rifle. I would like to trade it for .50 CVA Black Wolf rifle(with a scope) or $300.00. I can meet you at any gun store within 100 miles of Rochester,New York.

Attachments

• 100_3762.JPG
    100_3762.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_3764.JPG
    100_3764.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 105
I have a .50 caliber Traditions Buckhunter In Line pistol for sale. The barrel says Made In Spain/Old Saybrook,Ct U.S.A
.50caliber/1/20" It comes with a holster and some accessories as seen in the pictures. It appears to be in good shape. I am in New York State,so you need to have a Pistol Permit to buy this gun. I bought this gun years ago with the intention of getting into black powder but never had any ammo for it and never shot it. Now I am retired,I would like to try again,but I think I would be better of starting with a rifle. I would like to trade it for .50 CVA Black Wolf rifle(with a scope) or $300.00. I can meet you at any gun store within 100 miles of Rochester,New York.
I live in NYS too as it is not considered a firearm it needs no permitting other than carry or hunting .They are shipped all the time outside of the citys NYC/ALBANY and a few others . My FFL accepted (signed for it ) my CVA v2 50 pocket rocket and did it as a favor . Did no paperwork just signed for it cause Muzzleloader.com in Calif refused to ship to an individual thou no law requires it ! I have bought /sold even on Gun Broker with no issues ,just so you know ,there are some states that require it but not here for BP guns/Ed

I live in NYS too as it is not considered a firearm it needs no permitting other than carry or hunting .They are shipped all the time outside of the citys NYC/ALBANY and a few others . My FFL accepted (signed for it ) my CVA v2 50 pocket rocket and did it as a favor . Did no paperwork just signed for it cause Muzzleloader.com in Calif refused to ship to an individual thou no law requires it ! I have bought /sold even on Gun Broker with no issues ,just so you know ,there are some states that require it but not here for BP guns/Ed
Hi, thanks for your reply. I was told by the Monroe County Clerk's office in Rochester that I had to add this gun to my Pistol Permit in order to legally carry it whether it was for hunting or just transporting it. Blackpowder or not because it is a pistol they told me it is still considered a handgun so I did what they required.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I was told by the Monroe County Clerk's office in Rochester that I had to add this gun to my Pistol Permit in order to legally carry it whether it was for hunting or just transporting it. Blackpowder or not because it is a pistol they told me it is still considered a handgun so I did what they required.
Guess they can make up their own Laws , like NYC ! I don't live there for a reason , I know I ship /receive BP guns rifles/pistols all the time.! The only thing stated in game laws (FOR HUNTING) you must have a pistol permit . So you put up with that ,good luck, myself getting a CVA inline pistol from Muzzle loader.com (California) had to ship to an FFL .So I gave them my FFL paperwork and when Bob called saying come get it I DID ,no charge and asked why ? Bob who is a licensed NYS FFL said he did it as a favor as there is (NO LAW) on BP guns rifles/pistols period !
I assume dealing with this guy for 50+ yrs he knows what NYS Law is and is not ,so you go with whatever works for you ./Ed

Thats why i state i live in upstate n. y. People are unaware that we rank 10th in public hunting land in the union. Between state and federal land their is plenty of opportunity if one wishes. IMO, the cities in the state suck, they take all our tax monies and push their agendas on us who are not like minded. I would and do never set feet in these **** hole places. Vote the rats out...

That has been the law in NY for years.

Yes, that is the legal way in NY. I worked in a gun shop a number of years ago. In NY you can just sent muzzleloader rifles. It's it is a pistol you need ffl to ffl. If you intent to shot the pistol you'll need a pistol permit.

Back