Traditions Vortek Ultralight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ouphoenix

Reaction score
Hi all. Just joined the muzzleloader community. I bought the Traditions Vortek Ultralight. I've taken it out to the range and used the 245 grain powerbelt bullets with triple 7 pellets. A couple of friends have suggested using the Blackhorn 209 powder. Does anyone know if it is safe for me to use? The manual only suggested pyrodex or triple 7(powder or pellets for either). Either way, I'm open to any suggestions as to what bullet/powder combinations anybody might have. Thanks!!

I do believe your rifle can handle BlackHorn if the breech plug is set up for it. Also you have to use a hot primer sometimes. Since you have some Triple Seven pellets, see if you can find some 300 grain XTPs in a local store. Be sure to swab between shots, and see how those shoot with 2 pellets.

That's some great info guys. Thanks for the help. I looked up the breech plug and it will accept the BH 209 so it looks like I'm good to go. Now I can't wait to go out and work on sighting it in!!

I just purchased the Traditions Vortek Strikerfire which I believe has the same barrel and breach plug as the Ultralight, the strikerfire handles BH209 just fine.

:wink:

WELCOME :!: :!: :!: Glad you found the place. It's a fun place :partyman: You'll find out :!: :!:

Ray............ :yeah:

Back