Trigger pull adjustment

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Bison and it seems like the trigger pull is scary lite. It has a "BOLD" marked trigger assembly. Anyone have experience making adjustments? I would like to add some weight but I'm no gunsmith and don't want to mess things up.

Don't know if this helps but Doc told me unless you have a lot of experience adjusting them(Bold trigger) to take to gunsmith and let them do it. He said it would be 20-25.00 well spent.

Harleysboss said:
I have a Bison and it seems like the trigger pull is scary lite. It has a "BOLD" marked trigger assembly. Anyone have experience making adjustments? I would like to add some weight but I'm no gunsmith and don't want to mess things up.
That’s the way I like mine .. scary lite.

Then you would love this one. Just a tad lite for a hunting rifle as far as I like anyhow. So would a timney trigger from a knight rifle work on the white action? I've been doing a little internet searching and the BOLD triggers seem hard to adjust and are no longer made?

1874sharpsshooter said:

Me 2!! Every Set Trigger Muzzleloader i own is in the Mid, to High ounces, A light Consistent trigger is a HUGE KEY to accuracy from a Bench. My targets would REALLY show if i were to try and go back to a 2-3 pound Trigger. I even tuned this Old Knight MK85 Trigger up, she’s breaking in the High ounces, to 1 pound. It really boils down to what each of us are comfortable with, I would never hand My rifles over to anyone for them to shoot without personally knowing them, and that they fully understood just how light my Triggers are.

very light is great for bench shooting but not so much when standing breathing hard, gloves on trying to make a shot with a 8-10 oz trigger.. just your heavy breathing can make you break the trigger.. I had a Ruger 77/22 I bought from a guy to squirrel hunt with and he told me the trigger was about 2#, he neglected to say minus another pound, the 1st 3 squrrels I tried to shoot in the top of a big hickory my looking up and just leaning back a little caused gun to fire.. it took me a while to get used to it but it was deadly accurate as long as you remembered it had a 1# trigger.

Idaholewis said:
1874sharpsshooter said:

Me 2!! Every Set Trigger Muzzleloader i own is in the Mid, to High ounces, A light Consistent trigger is a HUGE KEY to accuracy from a Bench. My targets would REALLY show if i were to try and go back to a 2-3 pound Trigger. I even tuned this Old Knight MK85 Trigger up, she’s breaking in the High ounces, to 1 pound. It really boils down to what each of us are comfortable with, I would never hand My rifles over to anyone for them to shoot without personally knowing them, and that they fully understood just how light my Triggers are.

Back