Triple 7 fffg in accura pr?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1 raggedhole

Reaction score
Im sure this topic has been talked about time and time again but im still new to muzzleloading, only my 3rd year coming up and 2nd with my own muzzleloader. I have an accura plains rifle and want to get away from pellets. I want to know if triple 7 fffg is ok to use? I know the booklet that came with it says ffg but is it really that much of a difference?

I recently got a .32 Crockett and it says to use fffg. I want to know if i can use the same powder in both the crockett and the accura. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hodgdon approves of using FFFG in 50cals. CVA does not. Unless you are shooting huge loads with big bullets i personally dont see a problem. I will never believe that 100grV of FFFG or even 120grV is somehow dangerous when a rifle is approved to use 3 pellets. That simply does not make any sense at all.

I've used FFFg, Triple seven quite a bit in the past. It did well in the Optima. I agree with the above synopsis. As long as you don't go overboard with your loads, I don't believe you'll have a problem. I use to shoot 410 gr conicals with 85 gr. of FFFG, Triple seven. It was a great shooting combo.

90% of the time when i used T7 it was FFFG including a 54cal. Just start out a little less than FFG. Around 10% less to start and work up. Like i said if the rifle is approved for 3 pellets...aint no way 100grV of FFFG will make anywhere near as much peak pressure. Dont go over 120grV and i dont see any problems with bullets upto 300gr.

I have used fffg in my PR with no noticable ill effects. No way it could be more harmful than BH209. I've used fffg in most of my old CVAs with no problems. Kodiak, Optima, and Hunterbolts all shot it fine.

Thanks everyone im going to start out with 60 grains and go up from that point. I dont see the point in a magnum load for white tail in Wisconsin. My longest shot with my .270 win was only 150 and that was a lucky spot on my walk out to the stand for the afternoon hunt.

White tail deer in the East are usually close shots within a 125 yards. 100 grs. of T7 in both my White and Encore have always been ample.

Im sure this topic has been talked about time and time again but im still new to muzzleloading, only my 3rd year coming up and 2nd with my own muzzleloader. I have an accura plains rifle and want to get away from pellets. I want to know if triple 7 fffg is ok to use? I know the booklet that came with it says ffg but is it really that much of a difference?

I recently got a .32 Crockett and it says to use fffg. I want to know if i can use the same powder in both the crockett and the accura. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Just remember triple 7 fffg 25% stronger than regular pyrodex the manufacturer told me whatever load you're looking to shoot just multiplied by .75 will give you the correct amount of triple 7 fffg to use, so if you were looking do you say 50 grain you would multiply that .75 and that would equal 37.5 and that would equal your 50 grains

Latest posts

Back