Triple Se7en magnum pellets?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesheba

Reaction score
Just saw an add in North American Hunter. They are aparently diferent than the usual 50 grain equivilant.Are they just larger?Not much about them on the Hogdon web page.

I can't tell. They LOOK/SOUND as if they are about equal to what a 60 to 65gr 777 pellet would be. 2000fps with a 250gr bullet is usually the results of using 120-125gr 777...

Triple Se7en Magnum pellets

big6x6

I guess I am wondering If their magnum pellets are actually equal to 50 grains of T7 (loose) - not equivelent to 50 grains of BP or Pyro?

Just thinking out loud?

cur_dog

Hot-Dang Hot! other than that not bad at all. Actually I feel pretty lucky - I got drawn for an extra deer tag this season and a late season elk tag - so I am hunting through the month of December - Shucks!

How's things your way?

Hoping to get out this week end and do some shooting with the White - I am thinking about using the 10mm 200 grain Hornady XTP for the regular rifle deer season. With 110 grains of T7-2f, i am shooting that thing @ near 2100 fps from the White and it is amazingly accurate... You ought to see what it does to ground squirrels - tuff to find to many big parts.

later

This pellet thing is interesting. I just read the Hodgdon site on normal triple 7 pellets and Pyrodex pellets and they clearly only recommend 100 grain equivalent (2 50 grain pellets). Therefore, anyone on this site recommending or shooting 3 pellets is on their own. I can find little on the Triple Seven Magnum pellets. Maybe they are Hodgdon's answer to three pellets? Has anyone chronographed them and what was the data they got? It also surprises me that most manufacturers are promoting the firing over what Hodgdon recommends.

Sabotloader,

I'm doing okay. Getting ready for the start of bow season, Sept 29th. I'm hunting on a MLS lease this year and the season runs untill the end of Jan.

Got you an Elk picked out yet?

I asked a local dealer and was told that 2 are equal to 150grains of loose.

Someone kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

HEY Marty!

triple 7 magnum pellets

Spitpatch said:
I asked a local dealer and was told that 2 are equal to 150grains of loose.

Someone kindly correct me if I'm wrong.

HEY Marty!

I weighed two of the magmum pellets they weigh almost 75 grains which is the equivalent of 100 grains loose. This makes sense because two of the regular 50 gr. pellets of triple seven weighs about 62 grains.
My omega will shoot a 250 gr shockwave 1800' per second using two of the regular 50 gr. pellets. I have not chronographed the magnum pellets yet its been too hot, but I will bet the extra 13 gr.in the magnum pellets will get you to the advertised speed of 2000' per sec. out of the omega.

Marty... no buck patterned yet but working on it. I would love to have the nice 10 that haunts my area right now. BUT...I think the 10 up 2 down still lives...he will push 190. We can only dream, hope, pray, and hunt hard and smart. Hope you stick or plug a Magilla. :shock: :lol:

Latest posts

Back