Triumph - First Impressions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doohan

Reaction score
rangeday10-6-07003.jpg

I made my first range visit with the Triumph this past Saturday morning. I have to tell you that my first impressions are very favorable for this gun. I feel T/C has done an outstanding job in the design of this gun. The Speed Breech XT, included Limb Saver recoil pad and the tip up design REALLY make this gun appealing. I fired about 20 shots on the last visit 250SW, 90g 777 ffg loose, T7 primers and the recoil was VERY light almost non-existant! When the range time was over, a simple 90 degree twist of the plug and it was out. Cleanup was the easiest I have ever imagined from a BP/Sub gun. Thanks to T-17 pre- applied solvent patches, the crud ring was disolved every shot and when the fun was over The Triumph was cleaned and ready for the gunsafe in a matter of 10 minutes.

Breech-

rangeday10-6-07021.jpg

rangeday10-6-07022.jpg

This pic is of the breech UNTOUCHED after 20+ shots!!

rangeday10-6-07025.jpg

My range time was cut short by the rising temps and my gel testing, I only made it to 50 yds but this gun shows promise. I hope to return later to get some groups at 100 yds.

I have not looked at that.. However if it stays as clean as the above photo, I'm not sure why you would need to. Zero blowback.

Looks to me like the firing pin assembly is much like the newer Omega units.

We need some mora data on that new Triumph. The design looks simple and the profile does seem to grow on you......now if it shoots 200 grain Shockwaves and 110 grains of 777 2f into about 1/2 inch for five at 100, put me in line for one!

bomtek44

Doohan - that's amazing that a rifle would stay that clean after 20 shots. It is going to be a good seller for T/C. In all honestly, I handled one at the gunshop and I did not like the stock. Also it was a weather guard finish, and I am to to sure I like that either. Maybe in time it will not matter. I want to see how people like them a couple years from now.

But I sure like the idea of no blow back...

My first impression was after handling an T/C Omega and Encore/Pro Hunter the extra width of the reciever area felt chubby and T/C has thinned the barrels on the Triumpth model.

The weathershield coating is fantastic...no rust dimples or worse.
We will see more "weathershield" coated rifles from T/C in 2008.
I do think that the Omega will be modified to match the newer Triumpth or eventually dropped from the product line.

The cheek weld on the Troumpth is the best ML stock T/C has turned out so far....but you have to be "tall" to enjoy it.

Chocdog

Just took my new Triumph to the range Saturday.. Sighted in my new Nikon Omega 3x9x40 scope, (got the Nikoplex crosshairs, wasn't to crazy about the BDC reticle). This is the first time shooting a ml ever, and loved every minute of it.. :D Took about 20 shots also.

Used 250 gr. shockwaves with (2) 50 gr. pyrodex pellets, Winchester 209 primers. Swabed every other shot. Got a 1" group at 100 yards.. OK for Deer Season..

Suprisingly easy to clean, both the barrel and the Breach plug..

Also put a small bit of Gun oil on the Weather Shield barrel

Will be back on Saturday again. Will be using Triple Seven pellets this time to see if any changes occur.

Does any of our members have any other bullet/powder sugesstions that may be helpful?? I'd like to experiment with a few. Thanks

Yeah,with the T7 get ready for the "crud ring" experence! :D I've found that by using the Pyrodex Pellets in my Pro Hunter,I get the same POI as I do with the T7 pellets,or 120grs. loose T7. What I (DON'T) get is the crud ring. Ron

Latest posts

Back