Triumph shooting report

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
b_vanfossen said:
I have her sighted in with the tc shock wave super glides.

if I change to the regular tc shock waves will that through off my sights? or will she still be sighted in??

I'm going hunting tomorrow and I'm out of the super glides, but I have the 5 shock waves that came with the gun....

I hope someone will be able to help me with this question....

thanks

I wouldn't. Those two sabots will fit diferently and your point of impact will probably change. Do you have any time to check it this afternoon before you go out tomorrow. I think the regular sabots will group better though. Just not sure where they will hit compared to the super glide.

no. I have not tried the regular shock waves. I've only shot the super glides through the gun.

I guess I will buy the super glides for tomorrow because I cannot go back to the range today.

I'm going to start using the hornady sst the next time I can make it to the range. I like their design.

thanks for helping me with this guys...

I think thats a smart decision. Use the Super Glides for your up coming hunt and then switch over to the regular black sabots for your next range trip. Let us know if they group any better. If not then give the Harvester short black sabot and the SST/Shockwave a try. Good luck hunting.

I imagine you will be fine with what you have. A difference of a couple inches at 100 yards maks us frustrated at the range, but in the field will still likely hit in the sweet spot. That being said, it's always better to feel confident in your gun/load when you go out after an animal.

Latest posts

Back