Twin Cities ML shoot tomorrow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RE: Re: Twin Cities ML shoot tomorrow

Idaholewis said:
ndswede said:
I got the lowest Lyman globe front sight I could find, but still had to raise the back sight about half way up the adjustment to get it sighted in at 25 yards. Hope there is still enough adjustment left to shoot out to 150-200 yards. Was shooting sabots and 225 grain 45 caliber Hornady ftx bullets. They are pretty short so seemed to stabilize just fine. Next time I'll try 250, 265 and 300 grain bullets. The goal is to find the heaviest bullet that will stabilize with a 1:48 twist.
Anyone have any ideas to help move the project forward?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ndswede, Do you you remember which Lyman 17 you got, was it the AHB or the AML? Their 17AHB is the lowest Globe they make at .404 height, the AML is .494 height. I have the low AHB on all of my TC Sidelocks, The 17AHB allows me to keep my Peep really low, leaving most of my elevation alone

Here is an AHB on my Stainless Green Mountain LRH .50 Cal, give you an idea just how low the AHB is
6AtyekL.jpg

Here is my Williams FP Hawken sight Zeroed at 100 Yards, as you can see i am almost Bottomed out, leaving all of the elevation alone. The taller your front sight, the more elevation in the peep you have to use up
KKt4ofI.jpg

Here is my FP Hawken peep setting for 500 yards, if it weren’t for the Really Low Lyman 17AHB Globe up front i wouldn’t be able to get 500, This is also completely out of my Target Knob Gear, i have to set this, then use my Gib lock to lock the Elevator in place.
pTWzPtH.jpg
Thanks Idaholewis. I was off when I said the adjustment was half way. It's one long mark down from the top. The adjustmentwith the target knows will only go 3 long marks. Now that I study it more, I should be able to shoot 300 yards with the target knob adjustment and then at least another 100 yards of I do like you did by sliding it up further by hand.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Re: Twin Cities ML shoot tomorrow

ndswede, Sounds like you have plenty of adjustment :yeah:

Back