ugh, first range trip for close to a year

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey0127781

Reaction score
it was not the gun I was shooting, mossberg 715t 22lr.

it was not the weather, it was raining.

lack of range safety by the other people at the range. 

i was setting at the table, shooting with no one else there for about an hour. an older couple the there girl came and set up to set up to shoot pistols. the range has a pistol range in another area but it was not big deal at the time, I have shoot pistol on the rifle range because the pistol range was full. I was the only one up there till then. I set and wait till they where ready to go live. they did not say anything just started shooting, ok had that happen before. I shoot the mag of 10 rds. reload, start shooting. got to the 5th round of that mag, in the corner of my eye, the older couple where going out to check targets. did not say a thing to me. I stop and safety the gun. wait, finish the mag out. load another 10rds, they where still shooting and reload loading at that time. as I go and set the crosshairs on the target I see them walk out again and get ready to point blank shoot there target. 

after the 5th time of them doing these in less then an half hour, i packed up and left. 

rant over.

I'd have said something! Something along the lines of, are you people f'in stupid?

Seriously though, people like that need to be smacked around to hopefully knock some sense into their heads.

oh. the man said we should of went to the pistol range but they kept on shooting and doing there stuff. 

I did not want to start anything besides, kinda of a blessing, I was running low on 22lr's, been shopping around stuff I can get at walmart (they can't keep 22's on the shelf) for $20 gunshops are selling for $80  :affraid:

I just hope so other people showed up while they where there, 

the down side of a public range with no range master.

As a range officer I would have closed the range until I got these people out of there. Believe me, that wouldn't have taken but a few mins before they were gone.

Ray............... :Bat:

A certain mass murderer in these parts used to do the opposite at the range I go to. He would start shooting on a cold range with people down range. Unluckily he never did that when I was present.

I have be present a few times when someone fired down range while it was cold. full range one day, I was taking a break from shooting, guy fired and the bullet hit just below one guys foot. another I was at a group shoot, someone just showed up and started fire while we just started up. 

was the first time I fired while someone went down range. but not my fault. 

good thing I stopped my test on easy homemade exploding targets. (roll caps lol)

Latest posts

Back